You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Slash Oxegen 2011 interveiw

Gibbo wrote:

yer he should play civil war at these Festival

johndivney wrote:

people bitch about GnR having AFD-heavy sets, but that is taking the piss a little
surprised CW doesn't make the set @ festivals - do GnR members past & present underrated how much love there is for that song?? (& the rest of the catalogue)

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

that song just show how much slash kicks arse

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

i would take out mean bone and Barracuda and add civil war and by the sword

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

people bitch about GnR having AFD-heavy sets, but that is taking the piss a little
surprised CW doesn't make the set @ festivals - do GnR members past & present underrated how much love there is for that song?? (& the rest of the catalogue)

maybe it reminds them of a bad period....Steven and Izzy were pretty messed up at that point and left the band shortly thereafter...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Never gets old..

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Axl did say there was a good chance Civil War & Estranged would appear in future shows in 2009. Of course 2010 came and went, and no Civil War or Estranged.

I think it's as simple as this... Axl knows Slash owns those songs, and he knows he can't do them justice without him, especially CW.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Civil War was probably the highlight for me when I saw Slash on his solo tour.  Love that song and Slash plays it fucken well.  For me the song just epitomizes Slash's sound and playing!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gibbo wrote:

i would take out mean bone and Barracuda and add civil war and by the sword

Good call...I like mean bone...but by the sword trumps it!

Board footer