You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: The Next Thing

Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The intimate vibe of theatre stuff would be great. Jealous.

Yeah it would be great to see them in a small environment.  Much more up close and personal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still wish he'd do an arena tour with Janes Addiction.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

What difference would that make?

He just did an arena tour.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Something kinda off the mark like that would be the most interesting thing GN'R has did in years. It'd also give credit to those initial tour rumors before the announcement of the NA tour, which saw rumored dates at THEATERS, rather than arenas.

This idea has obviously been floating around in their heads for awhile.

Yeah, you talking about that MSL-stuff, right? 
smile

I thought about that too!

That, and Axl's 50th birthday is coming up in about two weeks. Fits perfectly with what Tommy said!

Intersting times, indeed!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

^^

What difference would that make?

He just did an arena tour.

It would be a sold out show every night. But I was talking about what I'd personally like to see big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ahh, okay. Yeah when we all thought they were gonna tour in the Fall of 2009, I thought an Alice In Chains/Guns N' Roses tour made perfect sense. Both had albums to promote and basically were comeback stories, and were from the same generation of rock bands.

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:
johndivney wrote:

yea they need to introduce an acoustic part into the set & sit on stools.

agree w/what ottos said re: theater tour
dont really see the point. unless there is a point to see that's yet to be revealed. but i'm not hopeful, of course.

Not to be a dick, but my thing is this; it it's Guns N' Roses performing for Guns N' Roses fans, then I see the point.

lol i don't see the point in doing that tongue

they've already performed across the entire country for GnR fans. & nobody else gave a shit (a lot of the 'fans' obv didn't either). so what's the point in preaching to the converted some more, other than to take money off your fans/supporters?

listen, that's not to say there isn't the potential for GnR to offer something special. i just haven't seen any suggestion to be excited by the proposals set out by Ron & Tommy. admittedly that shit is light on details, but just atm i am lacking enthusiasm for this next thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

i agree everything shouldn't be about selling an album.

in this case it's whether the performance is necessary or worthwhile, if it can be justified on merit & virtue.
like i said, we won't know for sure until the event comes to pass. but just on what info we've got to go on right now i don't see the justification. i think there should be a reason to tour. & those reasons should be pious or due to (like the recent NA tour) legal obligations!

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy seemed pretty excited about it in his interview so it must be something fairly interesting....

Board footer