You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Gibbo wrote:

[youtube]YstFFBzNzPo&context=C4642e21ADvjVQa1PpcFMAUXmMwIicju3xDtyUyU1YX4Br0Asi0A8=[/youtube]

They are killing it fuck 21 guitar sound Wicked

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
-D- wrote:

well we do now

never saw the blu ray that included entire concert. wasn't gonna buy it for 5 songs

Cool let us know what ya think when ya get it

I was first to put it on You Tube

Love the extra solo \nn/

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

So when we get a pro shot of this will the whole thing be on broadcasted

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Didnt faldor got to this

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Please remember that Slash did go to Axl's house to try to sort things out only to be rebuffed and subsequently shit upon in a public message from Axl that was revoked and changed but designed to inflict the most damage on the guy.
That is not an honorable way to live your life.

Slash is not some evil genius, he's just a nice bloke/dodgy junkie who wrote blues guitar.
Axl is not some hugely wronged and tragic individual by the same token. He's a manic obsessive whose talent and paranoia have worked for and against each other with spectacular and pathetic results in equal measure.

It goes both ways. Axl certainly deserves blame in not reaching out to Slash over the years, but the lawsuits, the bad mouthing, the revisionist history has created an immovable ginger grudge.

Slash has demonstrated that he is willing to play for anyone at any time. Often this does not work out well for him, but Axl has always felt the need to feel in control and in a comfortable place to perform. He is not at that place with Slash; it won't ever happen.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

If Slash really did something that bad, why would all the old guys still be his friend?

I agree with most of what you posted, but this comment is silly (no offense intended). If anything along the lines of an affair happened, it is none of their business and I doubt they would give a shit if it happened. That would be between Axl and Slash, not them.

That being said, I think it all comes down to Axl not wanting to admit he was wrong about the GN'R sound. He wanted to "bury" Appetite, but it turns out Appetite is arguably the best hard rock album ever recorded. It is their signature sound. He was wrong, Slash and Duff were right. Their sound kicked ass. They could have survived the grunge/alternative movement just fine, but Axl freaked out about it and wanted to "experiment" with unnecessary industrial sounds.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Guys..there is no huge scandal behind the Slash Axl rift. Please let that one go.

Beta or Fernando would have blabbed that all over the media by now. They couldn't keep that kind of shit to themselves and would jump on any opportunity to rubbish Slash. If Slash really did something that bad, why would all the old guys still be his friend?

Some dude was quoted recently here that  Axl was telling a gathering of musicians that he hates Slash because he tried to take over GNR and messed with his creativity. The word 'obsessed' was mentioned.

No mention of fucking anyone's girlfriend was made or even alluded to.

What Axl won't acknowledge is that his obsession with Slash has blocked his own creativity. Once again he's trying to blame others for his own failings.

Slash called Axl out on being a dick for taking GNR.
The only way Axl could bury that accusation was to release an album of music so good that the world would look to Axl and say "you were right to take the band from the old guys, this music is SOOOOO much better".

Problem was, this level of pressure he put on himself created such a huge fear of failure that it took him 15 years to have the balls to take on the GNR legacy with CD and even then the album was ripped from his hands and forced to market.

He blames Slash for the near impossible task he ended up with - bettering AFD and the UYIs... the fact is that this was his own doing. He realised that his ego was writing checks his talent couldn't cash.

Please remember that Slash did go to Axl's house to try to sort things out only to be rebuffed and subsequently shit upon in a public message from Axl that was revoked and changed but designed to inflict the most damage on the guy.
That is not an honorable way to live your life.

Slash is not some evil genius, he's just a nice bloke/dodgy junkie who wrote blues guitar.
Axl is not some hugely wronged and tragic individual by the same token. He's a manic obsessive whose talent and paranoia have worked for and against each other with spectacular and pathetic results in equal measure.

This is not Watergate, its just a rock n roll band who lost perspective.

Of course you're not taking into consideration loads of shit going on behind the scenes that they can't legally talk about publicly. Duff and Izzy have also hung out with Axl and played togteher. If he was the bad guy who screwed them over, I doubt that would happen.

I don't know what you mean by Axl changing his statement about Slash coming to his house. What do you mean? Slash lied about it, then admitted he lied and has never gone into any kind of real detail about what he talked about, other than trying to squash the feud and ending some legal thing. Axl's response was, as he said, much like his and Izzy's reaction to the HOF, was a wait and see what happens, as actions speak louder than words, and yeah, Slash sued him.

It wasn't until Duff came out and said how the name change really happened and it wasn't how it's been rumored, that Axl was being truthful when he said those events, ie: holding a concert/tour hostage, never happened. That was this year, wasn't it? After all this time, it happened now, when this could have been cleared up officially by these guys years ago...

I guarantee you Axl genuinely feels wronged. I don't think it had anything to do with a woman or drugs. Axl has always pointed to the UYI recording process as a bad place, where the band was "dying." Something happened in that process that started something and ended in the studio in 1995 for the initial recording process for the next album.

I will always believe that this came down to these guys no longer being on the same team with a shared vision of where they wanted to go.

I have never seen Axl caught in a lie on this. Not once.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

don't know what you mean by Axl changing his statement about Slash coming to his house. What do you mean?

Axl's original statement had all of Slash's supposed comments aout his VR band members, this statement was quickly revoked and a revised statement put out with this final section removed.

Slash went cap in hand and then made a balls of it when he was called out. He fucked than one up for sure and came out stinking of shit.

However, props to the guy for going there, he grew a set and reached out and Axl shut him down. Axl has never reached out or, more correctly, neither party has ever said it has happened.

I guarantee you Axl genuinely feels wronged. I don't think it had anything to do with a woman or drugs

Agreed. However, I think if what he feels wronged about could be easily described, pointed out and proved by 'his camp', it would have been done so, in great detail, long ago. I just don't buy that he's too much of a gent to keep it to himself.

If anything along the lines of an affair happened, it is none of their business and I doubt they would give a shit if it happened. That would be between Axl and Slash, not them.

Where did this affair thing come from? it has never been mentioned by any band member or in the press. Its a total 100% grasp at a straw.

Nobody can tell me what Slash did and the old band members behave as if nothing bad ever happened. They've been in VR with him for 6 years. Early VR interviews with Slash & Duff indicate that Axl's problem was with them all not just Slash.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Where did this affair thing come from? it has never been mentioned by any band member or in the press. Its a total 100% grasp at a straw.

Nobody can tell me what Slash did and the old band members behave as if nothing bad ever happened. They've been in VR with him for 6 years. Early VR interviews with Slash & Duff indicate that Axl's problem was with them all not just Slash.

The only reason people have speculated about an affair is because they can't understand why Axl is holding such a strong grudge. As I said in my post, I think Axl just doesn't want to admit he was wrong about the sound of the band. He's crazy enough to hold a grudge over something like that, which normal people wouldn't still be mad about.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I would fully agree with you there Teja. This grudge is not based on one major bad move by Slash. Slash would not go away and his huge presence in music served as a never ending thorn in Axl's side.

Its well known he shuts down craetively when he has problems, he's said it himself. Slash's dogged pursuit of keeping a high profile pissed him off and shut him down. The result? 15 years of tinkering and perfecting and a lost second third of his career. He's blaming Slash for this.

Board footer