You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]6Sz6Ww7VkyY&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Cheers 5  Great performance...  THANK YOU 9  Can't wait for the HBO HD PRO shot version!!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The crowd at the end of Paradise City is going totally ape shit.  I think they all know what they just saw and loved it, the guy from Rolling Stone was pretty accurate after seeing the videos, they nailed it.  Great job by everyone one.  Love seeing Duff on the background vocals and Steven on the drums.  I guarantee you today Izzy has regrets his ass wasn't there.  He stood by Axl, and I get that, but it sucks for him he missed out on this.  Again, SO HAPPY for Steven.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think even Myles was outstanding. Not Axl Rose 1988, not Axl Rose 1992, not Axl Rose 2006. But still damn fuckin' good.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles sounded fantastic to me, he really brought last night.  Fuck, Slash OWNS these fucking songs, he DOMINATES THEM......

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah same here! : D They definitely made sure to not Van Halen RH this induction and performance. xD 21 22 I thought Billie's speech about the band was sincere and cool of him to do. Been looking at some of the information about GNR's induction on Ultimate Classic Rock dot com.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Wow I actually thought Myles sounded pretty fucking awesome on SCOM. Defintely better than Axl these days on that song that's for sure. he was goo don PC too.  And holy shit is Slash ever on fire.  Unreal. NOBODY plays Gn'R songs as good as Slash let alone better.  That outro to PC was fucking nuts.

Also I don't care what anyone says it's super cool to see Steven jamming with Slash and Duff.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Suprised to be reading all the folk saying Myles sucked, and dont like his style at all but I listened to these and he was brilliant, only watched SCOM and PC but he fuckin nailed them.
Great performances by all, Slash was brilliant, and I just love hearing Adler and the drums again, nearly 50 years old and he still has that boyish energy in abundance 9

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This makes me miss the old band more than ever!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

The band sounds great in all of those clips.  I realized how much I missed Adler's drums on those AFD songs.  He brings a certain something to those songs that I can't quite describe.  The same thing for Duff's backing vocals on SCOM.

Mikkamakka wrote:

This was a great performance. Can't wait to hear and see the pro-shot version on HBO, unless Axl finds a legal way to  block it. Just the way he did with the GN'R songs on Slash's Stoke-on-Trent DVD.

Wait, Axl actually did that?  This is the first I've heard of it.  Is that why there is no bluray or DVD release of that Stoke on Trent concert in the US?  There is a region free version available from Amazon.co.uk though.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The band sounds great in all of those clips.  I realized how much I missed Adler's drums on those AFD songs.  He brings a certain something to those songs that I can't quite describe.  The same thing for Duff's backing vocals on SCOM.

Mikkamakka wrote:

This was a great performance. Can't wait to hear and see the pro-shot version on HBO, unless Axl finds a legal way to  block it. Just the way he did with the GN'R songs on Slash's Stoke-on-Trent DVD.

Wait, Axl actually did that?  This is the first I've heard of it.  Is that why there is no bluray or DVD release of that Stoke on Trent concert in the US?  There is a region free version available from Amazon.co.uk though.

Is the Blu-ray region free? It says on the website that it's Region 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stoke-Feat-Myle … 090&sr=8-1

Board footer