You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The Chinese Democracy Sequel References Thread

monkeychow wrote:

I've been thinking it might be good to have a thread for any reference made to "Chinese Democracy 2" or whatever recording project ends up following on from 2008's "Chinese Democracy"

From time to time band members and other sources make vague references to things in the works, and depending on what happens, I thought it might be handy to have them all in the one place as a thread we could update when more info comes along.

As although the info tends to be minor, I think the amazing work of Sic on "Chinese Whispers" on this site demonstrates that reading together hundreds of small tidbits of information can paint a compelling picture.

I don't profess to have Sic's amazing skills...but I figure this thread gives such info a home for now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

One I came across today: http://www.smnnews.com/2012/01/13/new-g … e-in-2013/

DJ: "Axl has tonnes and tonnes of stuff recorded as it is. I mean, he sits there in his hotel room and he’ll play me hours of stuff. And I’ve written over ten songs, I think 12 songs now, for him that he really likes.”

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

12 songs?

Interesting. I don't think DJ has ever quoted an actual number.

Definitely cool, hopefully we'll hear it one day. DJ's sound really works for that throwback sleazy aspect of the band + the melody that Axl has been looking for since UYI.

dj

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

" Which could surface in 2013" 14 14

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Here's some.

(sigh...)

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

As although the info tends to be minor, I think the amazing work of Sic on "Chinese Whispers" on this site demonstrates that reading together hundreds of small tidbits of information can paint a compelling picture.

I don't profess to have Sic's amazing skills...but I figure this thread gives such info a home for now.

There's not much mentioned about a possible follow up though, and most of it is from people with little to no clue. You know, like the lead guitarists and stuff. 16

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

"Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan -type solo on one track." (Axl, Spinner, 02/27/09)

Which he recorded in 2007, at the very latest.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin