You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: La Paz, Bolivia, April 12, 2014

AtariLegend wrote:

You Could be Mine
You're Crazy
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Estranged
Rocket Queen
Attitude
Raw Power
Better
Live and Let Die
This I Love
Civil War
Sweet Child O'Mine
November Rain
Don't Cry
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:

Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Thanks to HTGTH for the set-list and apologizes if I missed the actual update thread.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Seeker still on the encore set. Haha.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's great that the order is a little different. I hope they'll shake things up more in the future. If there is no new music then at least make the live shows "fresh".

AtariLegend wrote:

Well they did change the set list order a bit, let's see if it sticks. If it's for his voice that could be good for "There Was A Time" too at some point, just not right at the start though ^^.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I want an Uncensored interview with Duff and nothing held back. The ass kissing he is giving Axl is at record levels. No way in hell have they yet to talk about Slash. Has Duff pierced the Brazillian sheild of Axl Protection?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Interesting to open with YCBM, I don't think that's ever opened a show has it?

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Interesting to open with YCBM, I don't think that's ever opened a show has it?

A quick browse, I found this...

07.11.91 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, CO
opening act: Skid Row
set: You Could Be Mine, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Perfect Crime, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Rocket Queen, Civil War, November Rain, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, 14 Years, My Michelle, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Knockin On Heaven's Door, Used To Love Her, Estranged, Pretty Tied Up, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]
notes: Rare performance of 'You Could Be Mine' as the opener. Axl tells the whole story behind West Arkeen writing 'Bad Obsession.' Axl temporarily stops 'Dust N' Bones' to kick out a fan who gives him the finger. This show was originally scheduled for Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre but later moved to McNichols Sports Arena.

Source: http://www.gnrontour.com/

Likely more dates, didn't look long. Interesting though how varied the set lists used to be back in the UYI days. Opened a lot shows with Pretty Tied Up and Coma was twice a set list opener.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

YCBM is an underrated tune, and maybe the most Metal song they have ever done.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

YCBM is an underrated tune, and maybe the most Metal song they have ever done.

I absolutely love it. Slash's verse riffs are pure nastiness, and yeah, it's probably the closest they got to a metal tune

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I always thought it would make a great opener. Good to see the set mixed up as well, keeps things fresh.

Board footer