You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Appetite for Democracy on Axis TV right now

BLS-Pride wrote:

For those interested. Channel 569 if you have Fios. I think Dish has this channel too. It started at 8.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Tried to dvr it but apparently im not subscribed to the channel. Damn! Would much rather do that than get the dvd!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

According to many who have already been exposed to the final product are saying Axl's vocals have been massively re-touched to Live Era-levels.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I watched sweet child, at times he sounded like shit. So not sure why he didn't retouch more. But there were moments that looked like an overdub too. Cool camera angles. I hate DJ's tone.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I caught NR and his vocals were definitely not re-touched... very Mickey. They could be using different vocals from different shows for overdubbing, but this doesn't sound like studio stuff to me, which Live Era was. It looks great though. I have it DVR'd so I'll catch it later.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

According to many who have already been exposed to the final product are saying Axl's vocals have been massively re-touched to Live Era-levels.

Kinda hoping they are touched up, as on live dvd's that's not uncommon anyway.

Are the audio CD's still being released with the final product too?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Watched it, thought it was awesome. Really enjoyed it. There was a delay in the vocals on screen and Axl's mouth at times, but it was the  same for the drums, which might be throwing people off. I chalk that up to mixing and possibly dubbing from other shows, but it wasn't perfect, not like any re-recording. It sounded like a very tight live vocal performance. Axl was really on. I can't get over how tight this band is, though. Nightrain was killer. DJ's sound/tone didn't bother me, but all his fucking mugging for the crowd and camera is annoying though. All the stripper ass was great, too. Eh... if only Bucket was there.

I wish TWAT, Prostitute, Sorry, ITW and Catcher were on the show. And IRS... Axl tears that song up live, I have no idea why he doesn't play it. I would have even taken Maddy. And Tommy singing... why they put Objectify on there instead is beyond me.

And I gotta admit, this was the first time I heard the cover of The Seeker, as I was purposely avoiding it. I think it kicks ass and I'm not afraid to admit it. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sounds great! Makes me want to pick it up even more now!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Have it saved.
Axl does sound great.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

For people with Xfinity (Comcast) the O2 show can be rented for a few bucks. Really the first time I've seen the band on such official media (not just downloading videos). It was pretty surreal and the show is great. I highly recommend it.

Board footer