You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Tokyo '92 vs Vegas '14

misterID wrote:

Some things:

I watched a 2006 show last night for the first time in forever and it blew both of these shows away. I forgot how fucking on Axl was back then. The weak link was Ron, but man has he really melded in with the new band. Robin was killer. Bucket being there would have made this an incredible band. Not even joking with how pissed that makes me. And he needs to get back with Baz's vocal coach.

I listened to CD for the first time in forever... The Blues Andy Wallace mix destroys that Street Of Dreams bullshit. If The World CD version eats the demo/Andy Wallace version and shits it out. So much better. And I'm coming to terms with the title track sounding better on the album than the demos. It just feels so much fuller and the mix is fantastic.

And I never saw this picture before:

th?id=HN.608034672034252788&pid=15.1&P=0

Axl should go back to that look, go with the short hair and lose the trucker 'stache.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

Some things:

I watched a 2006 show last night for the first time in forever and it blew both of these shows away. I forgot how fucking on Axl was back then. The weak link was Ron, but man has he really melded in with the new band. Robin was killer. Bucket being there would have made this an incredible band. Not even joking with how pissed that makes me. And he needs to get back with Baz's vocal coach.

I listened to CD for the first time in forever... The Blues Andy Wallace mix destroys that Street Of Dreams bullshit. If The World CD version eats the demo/Andy Wallace version and shits it out. So much better. And I'm coming to terms with the title track sounding better on the album than the demos. It just feels so much fuller and the mix is fantastic.

And I never saw this picture before:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.6080346 … d=15.1&P=0

Axl should go back to that look, go with the short hair and lose the trucker 'stache.

Do you know when the picture was taken? Reminds me of mid '94 during the Yesterdays video shoot where he had a short cut or that '98 mug shot leak.

Hell..I was listening to most of CD on my ipod on the car trip home from family vacation. Still love the album dearly just my ipod is being a piece of shit cause I wanted to upload some of the different versions of particular versions mainly TWAT (my problem is the vocal choir at the beginning and very end could of been cut out and just Paul Tobias's piano piece should of started it off and finished with Axl's final vocal notes and Bucket's outro sollo; but I still enjoy it overall. Helps make CD the masterpiece it is. Another Robin and Bucket solo showcase!) Thank God for my hard drive with all the CD and other Guns stuff on it.  I actually liked the final studio version of SoD even Catcher I don't mind the changes besides the nixing of the great Dr. Brian May's guitar run which was completely fucking stupid. I do go back to other tracks on the album though. I completely agree on If. Love the production on it. The groove of it and that should of been an official Bond theme. It's a better Bond theme then some of the songs that have been used before besides Skyfall of course. With the title track, I love the mix of it as well. Axl finally got that damn Nirvana drum sound he wanted. Robin and Bucket's solos are fucking sweet.  The lyrics and sound effects are angry and dark which gives it the right GNR sound.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If The World and Scraped are the type of songs I'd like to see GN'R do more. But what would really rock would be a "Oh My God" type album. Love that heavy industrial sound. Axl's voice is perfect for it.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

If The World and Scraped are the type of songs I'd like to see GN'R do more. But what would really rock would be a "Oh My God" type album. Love that heavy industrial sound. Axl's voice is perfect for it.

Same here! I still believe that was the original intention to have all the songs except for "This I Love" to have that particular style.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That picture was dated 1998 at Disneyland.

I'd like for OMG and Silkworms to end up on that remix album as half Experimental/Original stuff. Zodiac is supposed to be industrial. And I want to hear that Bucket and Robin guitar heavy OMG version Axl talked about. If they re-did it and rehearsed it recently, I can't see them doing that for nothing. And Axl rewriting and singing a new chorus for Silkworms... there has to be real plans for them.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

That picture was dated 1998 at Disneyland.

I'd like for OMG and Silkworms to end up on that remix album as half Experimental/Original stuff. Zodiac is supposed to be industrial. And I want to hear that Bucket and Robin guitar heavy OMG version Axl talked about. If they re-did it and rehearsed it recently, I can't see them doing that for nothing. And Axl rewriting and singing a new chorus for Silkworms... there has to be real plans for them.

Yes to all of that. Especially Silkworms and Zodiac. I'm cool with a new OMG or not. The original release is still a great fucking song! Thanks for the clarification, ID. Strange there is a Disneyland pic of Axl before Bucket entered into the band.

Board footer