You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 30 Years to Life on ITunes in US

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds killer on studio version.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Am I the only one that bought this?  Somebody else buy it so I can discuss with them, lol.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Listened to it on Spotify. I dig it alot. The vocals are well mixed and Slash's riffing on this is fantastic! The best song I've heard of the songs streamed before the release of the full album.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's a good track, could have been on Snakepit II's Ain't Life Grand album. I like it, but still waiting for something amazing, cause it is not that (for me).

My WOF list till now:

1. Bent To Fly (8/10)
2. 30 Years to Life (7/10)
3. World on Fire (6/10)

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just bought it. I think, like almost all Slash songs, it's easy to listen to and at any given moment you can get into it, but it's largely the same stuff. That's not necessarily a bad quality - take ACDC for example, but I'm going to guess by the time the album drops we're going to be wondering why they didn't just pare the album down to 12 tracks and have a bonus disc. I doubt the 17 songs are album worthy.

Don't get me wrong - give me the 17 songs every 3 years versus the output of his GNR counterpart any day of the week, but obviously a byproduct of that is going to be somewhat generic output.

So ya, I like the song alright, but I'm not going to seek it out to listen to because I'm in the mood to hear 30 Years to Life. It'll come on shuffle when I'm running or while I'm listening to World On Fire and that's good enough for me.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit got this song cranked on the home stereo.... Fucking rocks!!! Great production. Part of the song is Iron Maiden-ish... This song kicks ass. No bullshit, no frills rock n roll. Myles sounds kick ass... On a big stereo you can every lil nuance. I love it!!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Bought it today. pretty good song... So far though, None are better than You're A lie, Standing in the sun, Anastasia, not for me, Far and Away, No More Heroes.   

I listen to those above still pretty regularly.   World on Fire and this... If it comes on, I'll gladly listen but don't seek em out.

same level as Shots fired and Crazy Life IMO

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, pretty cool, but for some reason I was expecting more from the studio version after seeing the live version on YouTube.

Thought the solo could be better too, but otherwise a cool track. I like the dual lead harmony riff

Board footer