You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Says There Are 'Enough Clues Out There'

Von wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal recently revealed that he was focusing on his solo career after spending eight years playing in the Axl Rose-fronted band. Thal, however, stopped short of saying that he was no longer a member of GUNS N' ROSES, which has caused some fans to criticize him for not coming clean about where he stands with the group.

Asked by journalist Gary Graff to clarify his status with GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "That is the thing I am not to elaborate on. I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now."

He continued: "I'm a real busy guy and really enjoying everything I'm doing, and I think that everything I'm doing has a future and a bigger plan — the solo stuff, the other bands, the producing, the charity and educational things I'm doing. These are all the things I love that I've really missed, and I'm very happy to be putting my time back into that. It's really what I should be doing."

Bumblefoot joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead. He made his live debut with the band at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on May 12, 2006.

Back in 2013, Bumblefoot expressed his frustration over the fact that GUNS N' ROSES had not made any new music since the release of 2008's "Chinese Democracy". He said: "If something came out at this point, it would be very old material that is just being released now. So it would be unheard material, but to me, I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist anymore. And we need to make an album of this band right now." He added: "I'm all about making music; that's why I make music — to make music. So I'd like to really do that. I would be very happy if GUNS N' ROSES could do that…. I wanna make some music with these motherfuckers. It's a damn good band and we should really have the opportunity to give what we can to all [the fans], and make some music for [the fans]."

Bumblefoot released a new solo album, "Little Brother Is Watching", in February. The disc was composed, produced, recorded, mixed and mastered by Bumblefoot at his studio in New Jersey, and also features drummer Dennis Leeflang.

Another GUNS N' ROSES guitarist, D.J. Ashba, issued a statement on Monday (July 27) saying that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES. His statement read in part, "It is with a very heavy heart and yet great pride that I announce that I've decided to close this chapter of my life and encapsulate the wonderful times that I've shared with GUNS N' ROSES into fond memories. I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me."

Ashba added: "I want to take a moment to thank Axl from the bottom of my heart for not only the most incredible experience of my life, but for truly believing in me. You are a true friend and a champion of mine and I am forever grateful. And even as I move on to pursue other endeavors, I will always remain one of your biggest fans. I also would like to thank each and every one of you fans for your love and support throughout the years."

Ashba said earlier in his statement that working with GUNS N' ROSES was "the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumble … s-n-roses/

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No matter how nice they were to fans they never really fit the band. The thing about the 02 lineup was fact they were so diverse and nothing about them was main stream. DJ and Ron were incredibly generic.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I concur. Cheers.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

well, there's at least 2 openings in the band now, if it still even exists. Im going to put on my speculation hat and say axl is going to finish cutting together another albums worth of material, release it, and then reunite with at least some of the old members late next year/early '17

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

No matter how nice they were to fans they never really fit the band.

I agree. I said that about Ron the day he joined the band. By the time DJ joined I didn't give a shit who was coming through the revolving door. I recently got a bit interested in what might happen, and we've got two departures which isn't a very good sign.

An official statement needs to be made now more than ever. I know that gets said every year but this is about as bad as it gets.  From a casual fan POV it doesn't matter. If he ever tours he's just gotta have enough guys up onstage to bust out Jungle. Doesn't matter if its Buckethead or Bill Cosby. He's risking losing his hardcore base. We have never seen the band in this state of flux before.  That 03-05 period was pretty grim but at least there was a mythical album to discuss and you had a lineup minus Bucket. Now there may not even be a band period. If no album is on the horizon and there's no band, what's going to keep hardcore fans hanging in?

If he stays silent during this phase there's no doubt that he simply doesn't give a shit.

next year/early '17

In GNR terms you can say 2037 and it wouldn't be any different than 2017.

It's the strangest band to be interested in.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash's next album comes out late 2016.  I actually think Slash will play with Axl on some level BEFORE his next album comes out.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

No matter how nice they were to fans they never really fit the band. The thing about the 02 lineup was fact they were so diverse and nothing about them was main stream. DJ and Ron were incredibly generic.

another +1 here.

James Lofton wrote:

An official statement needs to be made now more than ever. I know that gets said every year but this is about as bad as it gets.  From a casual fan POV it doesn't matter. If he ever tours he's just gotta have enough guys up onstage to bust out Jungle. Doesn't matter if its Buckethead or Bill Cosby. He's risking losing his hardcore base. We have never seen the band in this state of flux before.  That 03-05 period was pretty grim but at least there was a mythical album to discuss and you had a lineup minus Bucket. Now there may not even be a band period. If no album is on the horizon and there's no band, what's going to keep hardcore fans hanging in?

If he stays silent during this phase there's no doubt that he simply doesn't give a shit.

It's the strangest band to be interested in.

this is certainly an interesting moment. but sadly i think you've already answered your own questions when you say, "he's just gotta have enough guys up onstage to bust out Jungle." & it's prob been that way since, god knows, '06? when BH left? before then?!

in those fleeting interviews or q&a's he said he wanted a band. maybe that was way back w/kurt loader in '99??
these days the band is a touring band. Bumble even says if there is an album it's old stuff.

so there you have the state of the 'band'.

as for the fanbase. i'm p sure there is still an active scene - seems to be from mrID & the traffic on other boards.

it's prob not that strange. it's just axl's way..

Sky Dog wrote:

which is strange.:butt:

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"he's just gotta have enough guys up onstage to bust out Jungle." & it's prob been that way since, god knows, '06? when BH left? before then?!

in those fleeting interviews or q&a's he said he wanted a band. maybe that was way back w/kurt loader in '99??
these days the band is a touring band. Bumble even says if there is an album it's old stuff.

so there you have the state of the 'band'.

Axl's band were the guys who wrote and recorded CD in '98-'01. Robin was his Randy Rhodes. Bucket was... well, Bucket. He fell for their guitar sounds, and both were zany enough people to appeal to him.

Both Robin leaving in '99 and Bucket in '04 were bitter moments for Axl. He appeared to have felt they would've been as eager to forge on with Guns as he was.

Ron was hired at the last minute when they failed to get Bucket (or any other proper replacement). Axl probably liked Ron well enough as a Gilby. However, he only had Ron play on existing tracks. Never taking in guitar riffs to cut-n'-paste 'new songs', like with DJ and Fortus.

Ron's job was to finish what Bucket had started (and left hanging), and he did that much.

Ironic. Ron got a good dose of Guns management right off the bat in 2004, when he blurted out to his fans that he's in talks with Guns. Then, they shovelled him enough money to forget about it in 2006. He knew what he was getting into, but he was a fool to think he could change things.

Kudos for trying, tho.

Lomax wrote:

Nothing is gonna happen we all know it

Board footer