You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a tool and also worked with tool.

You're being way beyond petty.

I've heard Richard is the new General, taking Tommy's spot in that regard.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I genuinely thought you were joking the first time you said this. It still makes me laugh anyway.
Fortus as band leader! Whatever next?!

Maybe you're thinking of when he's on tour with Rihanna or someone.

Saying that tho, I wonder how many gigs each current member has actually played as GnR..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I genuinely thought you were joking the first time you said this. It still makes me laugh anyway.

Saying that tho, I wonder how many gigs each current member has actually played as GnR..

Really, tbh, I don't know what it means that he's the General, other than getting a groove to the lineup and guiding the CD songs. I don't like saying too much as not to piss people off, but I think this has been said pubically before, but Richard is a significant player on CD II and was going to be featured prominently, I don't know if that's part of it too. I'm pretty certain Slash has already laid down guitar work in the studio on some recordings. I know I'm anxious to hear Richard play with Slash.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It is so hilarious we have moved from Richard Fortus, the place holding rythm player with no input on the creative process, to Richard Fortus the general, heavily involved and nigh on Axl's right hand man.

And I'm not saying that in jest. I do believe he has moved up the pecking order so to speak. To what degree will be interesting to find out. I do find him very likable.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I've always felt that out of all the guys to come into the band after Slash and Duff left, Richard would have fit in with the original guys the best.    Should be cool.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html

Someone can check my math but it looks like Richard has played 380 shows with the band compared to Slash's 417

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That guy is a fucking clownshow. Said guns doesn't release albums because nobody buys them. So he is in no hurry. Major tool. This interview is on YouTube if you want to see for yourself.

He said that there's no hurry to release albums, because people doesn't buy albums.
And is a fact that, nowadays, live shows and tour are a greater income for bands and artist.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Nik wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That guy is a fucking clownshow. Said guns doesn't release albums because nobody buys them. So he is in no hurry. Major tool. This interview is on YouTube if you want to see for yourself.

He said that there's no hurry to release albums, because people doesn't buy albums.
And is a fact that, nowadays, live shows and tour are a greater income for bands and artist.

In the era of Itunes/Pandora/Spotify, its all about the hit song.

It's a shame because as a kid, I loved riding my bike to the record store and buying tapes/cd's and the best part about that was looking at the liner notes and the pictures. 

If they put out a song or two, released on iTunes.. would be awesome.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The free pass you guys are giving this guy is pathetic. And I hate it when he refers to GNR as "Guns" and I cringe when Eddie Trunk says it too. That is an intimate word to me and I think only Slash, Axl, Duff can refer to the band as Guns. Guns to me relates to a gang, a posse, a group of pals... When I look at pitman, I see that 40 year old living in his parents basement. That tool album he describes as out of control amazing still isn't out. He sounded like Bach there. Total Cheese shit. "Hey bro, I am Guns, we are reuniting, we were cool enough to let Slash and Duff hang with us. They can finally feel what we have felt since 2000 being in the most dangerous band in the world. Richard is going to teach Slash all the songs ok CD so we can still play them live. Kind of like how Tommy taught Duff. Duff and Slash will be happy. I am glad we were able to help them".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
Nik wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

In the era of Itunes/Pandora/Spotify, its all about the hit song.

It's a shame because as a kid, I loved riding my bike to the record store and buying tapes/cd's and the best part about that was looking at the liner notes and the pictures. 

If they put out a song or two, released on iTunes.. would be awesome.

The music world has definitely reverted back to the 1950s mindset of a single, just with a higher bump in tech. Having said that, people do still release albums as a promotional vehicle for a tour.

If this is really how Axl/TB feel, then just announce it. If they want to go full on nostalgia they will still get people going to shows. THis dangling a Chinese carrot strategy is tiresome and is why the hardcore fan base is like this. People expecting an album that is always off in the distance.

Board footer