You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Axl S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axl S wrote:

"Islam Hates Us"-Drumpf

How can anyone think that voting a for a world leader who is willing to make a statement like that has the right temperament and is fit to be president of (probably) the world's biggest super power??!!!

Perhaps he shouldn't say it but after talking to many marines and people in the Army it is pretty disturbing. I asked them ratio of good Muslims to bad and they figure 70%. I said wow, 30% bad, damn, they said no, 70% are bad. Talk of rape, incest, selling of children, etc. They are not all terrorists but a large portion agree with what the terrorists do to a certain point.

Below is a video by a Muslim lady that spells it out nicely. She was on Bill Maher last week as well. I trust her take on it.

Your video supports closer to 20-30% bad (most just bad views, minority of that actively posing a security threat) and 70-80% good.

I agree with that video's sentiment though, an open discussion amongst the international community has to be had wherein people can be allowed to say things that may offend some without being jumped on (hell accidentally offend some whilst they finish the point - I'm sure everyone's been in an argument where they've had to delicately phrase something so that they don't offend and can get to the end of what they're saying without someone angrily cutting them off).

In dealing with some of these radical views held be some (such as the place of women in society) it would be good to see our western leaders lean on some of our friends in these countries e.g. Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. and get them to bring their outdated laws up to the modern day. How can you expect people in these countries to believe stuff like shame killings are OK when the governments practice them.

Regardless of all of that that. "Islam Hates us" is a broad strokes statement that any responsible prospective leader (no matter how "anti-establishment" the rich silver spoon billionaire is) should be saying. It's a dangerous statement that increases tensions and does more harm than good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axl S wrote:

How can anyone think that voting a for a world leader who is willing to make a statement like that has the right temperament and is fit to be president of (probably) the world's biggest super power??!!!

Perhaps he shouldn't say it but after talking to many marines and people in the Army it is pretty disturbing. I asked them ratio of good Muslims to bad and they figure 70%. I said wow, 30% bad, damn, they said no, 70% are bad. Talk of rape, incest, selling of children, etc. They are not all terrorists but a large portion agree with what the terrorists do to a certain point.

Below is a video by a Muslim lady that spells it out nicely. She was on Bill Maher last week as well. I trust her take on it.

Your video supports closer to 20-30% bad (most just bad views, minority of that actively posing a security threat) and 70-80% good.

I agree with that video's sentiment though, an open discussion amongst the international community has to be had wherein people can be allowed to say things that may offend some without being jumped on (hell accidentally offend some whilst they finish the point - I'm sure everyone's been in an argument where they've had to delicately phrase something so that they don't offend and can get to the end of what they're saying without someone angrily cutting them off).

In dealing with some of these radical views held be some (such as the place of women in society) it would be good to see our western leaders lean on some of our friends in these countries e.g. Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. and get them to bring their outdated laws up to the modern day. How can you expect people in these countries to believe stuff like shame killings are OK when the governments practice them.

Regardless of all of that that. "Islam Hates us" is a broad strokes statement that any responsible prospective leader (no matter how "anti-establishment" the rich silver spoon billionaire is) should be saying. It's a dangerous statement that increases tensions and does more harm than good.

I agree. Also remember I was talking to people that served in Iraq, so they dealt with a lot of bad people so their view may be skewed. Also you have more moderate countries too that would balance out the crazy people from the normal.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump rally Chicago postponed as violence breaks out. Trump brings out the worst on all sides. He's dangerous.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Trump rally Chicago postponed as violence breaks out. Trump brings out the worst on all sides. He's dangerous.

Fuck these protestors. Let him have his rally. And same for Bernie and Hilary and Everyone have free speech. This is fucked up.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

People looking for trouble when they go to protest a rally like that. I have no desire to protest someone's free speech. It is fucked up. I don't like this. AT ALL.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

So fucking disgusting. Free speech means everyone gets to talk. EVEN DONALD TRUMP. Fuck this shit. Oppressors.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

These protestors just rejuvenated his campaign and got him about 200,000 more votes. Idiots.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

These protestors just rejuvenated his campaign and got him about 200,000 more votes. Idiots.

Yes. So stupid. Black Lives Matter and Sanders supporters, who knew they would be such great teammates tonight to shut down free speech.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama's America is a very divided one

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. So stupid. Black Lives Matter and Sanders supporters, who knew they would be such great teammates tonight to shut down free speech.

You clearly don't know what the first amendment is about if you think his free speech was violated.

Board footer