You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Nothing will happen... white men don’t have great luck nationally from the Deep South....I would guess that it would be even harder for the Trump base to rally around her.

Mitch, give it rest. For Christ sakes, Nikki Haley was elected in the "deep south," women are elected to office in the deep south. No one is obligated to vote for a woman on the national level because she's a woman. It comes down to the candidate. Warren was awful and couldn't even win either of her home states (neither in the deep south, but liberal Massachusetts) -- she came in third. Put up a solid candidate. I supported Amy, and I'm from the deep south. And she got nowhere near the press support Warren did.

If anything, liberals will be all out to sink Nikki Haley as a potential president. Because they're hypocrites.

My main point was that Deep South politicians don’t play well nationally.

There’s nothing special about Nikki Haley...Christ....if you see ‘conservatives’ voting for a woman candidate nationally  then I’ve got news for ya.

Like Bill Clinton and George W. Bush?

Yes, they definitely would. If you don't know how popular she is amongst Republicans... I don't know what to tell you. There's a very good chance Democrats run Mayor Pete against Hailey in the next election... A white man against a woman of color. And I can't wait to see how the media and progressives cover it.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

All this talk about lack of representation and misogyny, I guess Gabbard isn't really still a candidate.  Don't get me wrong, she's an actual combat veteran (unlike Pete) with military leadership experience (unlike Pete - he was a Navy Officer in Afghanistan [protip: NAVY people tend to be assigned where there's water - unless you're a seal or a corpsman; which he wasn't] who drove other officers around) whose political beliefs are as blue dog as they get, so she wasn't elected because her beliefs are completely out of line with the DNC.  So I get why Democratic voters weren't interested, but spare me the identify politics nonsense.  This election proved that people were interested in ideas and how you present them - as they always are - and not in what color of skin or sex organ you have between your legs. 

Democrats don't want what  Sanders (or Warren) is selling, though you have that 25% who are very loud and think you can shame/scream others into submission.  That's not a Sanders technique though, that's what Democrats have been doing the past 2 decades.  Make a haphazard moral argument to shame people into supporting you, rather than an intellectual one.  "If you don't allow millions of economic migrants to enter our country and be given a red carpet welcome, you're a racist."  Warren saying she wouldn't select a Secretary of Education unless a transgender high school student gives her a thumb's up isn't enlightened or intellectual - as her supporters profess her candidacy to represent in totality.  It's fucking retarded and the worst kind of pandering.  Ignore the transgender qualifier, and focus on that she wants a 16 year-old to determine who the Secretary of Education is.  The Twilight Zone just had an episode like this last year.  Say what you will about Trump and the wall, but the wall and immigration reform resonates a hell of a lot better with America than the idea of allowing a transgender teenager to  determine what cabinet positions get filled.

Have solid ideas that help the majority of Americans, and don't harm them at the benefit of foreigners who can't be bothered to learn English (Pete and others attacked Amy because she voted to make English our official language - how fucking cruel of her!!!!).  That's how you win an election.

a quarter of Warren's baggage would have sunk any male candidate right out of the gate, at least with the media. Amy got nowhere near the coverage as Warren, or all out support.

It will be interesting to see what Tulsi does. She makes a good point that the DNC changed its rules to let Bloomberg on the debate stage and changed the rules to keep her off. She's calling on Biden and Sanders to demand she's included.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just saw this on Twitter:

"Bit of a Freudian slip...while stumping for @JoeBiden just now in Grand Rapids, MI @amyklobuchar says she “couldn’t think of a better way to end my candidacy than join the ticket...” to big applause. She quickly corrected to say “join the terrific campaign of Joe Biden”"

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

All this talk about lack of representation and misogyny, I guess Gabbard isn't really still a candidate.  Don't get me wrong, she's an actual combat veteran (unlike Pete) with military leadership experience (unlike Pete - he was a Navy Officer in Afghanistan [protip: NAVY people tend to be assigned where there's water - unless you're a seal or a corpsman; which he wasn't] who drove other officers around) whose political beliefs are as blue dog as they get, so she wasn't elected because her beliefs are completely out of line with the DNC.  So I get why Democratic voters weren't interested, but spare me the identify politics nonsense.  This election proved that people were interested in ideas and how you present them - as they always are - and not in what color of skin or sex organ you have between your legs. 

Democrats don't want what  Sanders (or Warren) is selling, though you have that 25% who are very loud and think you can shame/scream others into submission.  That's not a Sanders technique though, that's what Democrats have been doing the past 2 decades.  Make a haphazard moral argument to shame people into supporting you, rather than an intellectual one.  "If you don't allow millions of economic migrants to enter our country and be given a red carpet welcome, you're a racist."  Warren saying she wouldn't select a Secretary of Education unless a transgender high school student gives her a thumb's up isn't enlightened or intellectual - as her supporters profess her candidacy to represent in totality.  It's fucking retarded and the worst kind of pandering.  Ignore the transgender qualifier, and focus on that she wants a 16 year-old to determine who the Secretary of Education is.  The Twilight Zone just had an episode like this last year.  Say what you will about Trump and the wall, but the wall and immigration reform resonates a hell of a lot better with America than the idea of allowing a transgender teenager to  determine what cabinet positions get filled.

Have solid ideas that help the majority of Americans, and don't harm them at the benefit of foreigners who can't be bothered to learn English (Pete and others attacked Amy because she voted to make English our official language - how fucking cruel of her!!!!).  That's how you win an election.

The Trump election ction proved that people are interested in ideas?

I think just the opposite...i think it goes to show people are as disinterested in the issues as ever. They elected a reality tv show star.

I don’t care what language someone speaks...truly couldn’t give a shit.

These nationalism ideas couldn’t be any less boring and unappealing.

I’m still waiting for Trumps policies to benefit me. All I’ve ever seen is posturing and pandering to the so called ‘natives’ of this country.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This actually happened.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This actually happened.

[/embed]

Lmao...she’s wearing a construction helmet. It’s like watching a ten year old get out her toy toolbox.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lmao...she’s wearing a construction helmet. It’s like watching a ten year old get out her toy toolbox.

Pretty funny followup I saw, Melanie attempted to scold her haters, and this poster called her out on the WTF of it all:

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1236455932974059521

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Pretty funny followup I saw, Melanie attempted to scold her haters, and this poster called her out on the WTF of it all:

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1236455932974059521

[/embed]

I swear she’s in la la land.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Kamala endorses Biden. He's building up momentum at the right times. 6 more primaries on Tuesday. Polls are mixed, and most were done before Super Tuesday and before Warren and Bloomberg dropped out. Biden will win Mississippi, Michigan and Missouri, I think, while Bernie will take Idaho and North Dakota. Washington appears close; Sanders won the caucus there in 2016--this time it's a primary.

misterID

misterID wrote:

This primary could be hilarious.

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The Trump election ction proved that people are interested in ideas?

I think just the opposite...i think it goes to show people are as disinterested in the issues as ever. They elected a reality tv show star.

I don’t care what language someone speaks...truly couldn’t give a shit.

These nationalism ideas couldn’t be any less boring and unappealing.

I’m still waiting for Trumps policies to benefit me. All I’ve ever seen is posturing and pandering to the so called ‘natives’ of this country.

You have said the tax cuts benefited you, though, right? I've never heard him use the term "natives." And if you think putting foreign nationals needs over the needs of your own people is a winning proposition, then boy you're in for a sad awakening. Pretending there is no downside to illegal immigration is part of the problem. Most of the places I grew up in Florida are slums now. It's incredibly sad. Even the illegals hate living there. I had to go back to the old Wal-mart during a visit a year or so ago, and it's a dump, with homeless walking around, and no one could speak english. They had to radio someone over who could speak English to help with a prescription, so yeah, that matters.

If it weren't for premiums skyrocketing and gas prices Trump is never President, imo. Those ideas mattered more than anyone will ever know.

Board footer