You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: The new and God willing improved politics thread

mitchejw wrote:

Steve Brannon arrested on fundraising scam?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It depends on what your definition of landslide is though.

Hmm how about 60/40. 2012 Election sort of thing. The DNC have been doing themselves no favors.

We'll see.

I'm confident though.

No real powered interests wants Biden or Harris behind the wheel when the crash comes.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Steve Brannon arrested on fundraising scam?

haha, fed crime tho unfortunately. he'll get a pardon tho lol

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics … index.html

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I thought insults weren't allowed in the new thread?  If PaSnow is allowed to sneak this in among his many conspiracy theories, don't act surprised when others call them similar names for their lack of thoughtful and evidenced replies.

You're right Rocky but 1. I don't care personally 2. it just shows a lack of evidence/argument.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Perfect.

14 14 14

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Perfect.

14 14 14

Yea, people are being sent to gulags.  roll

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Politics is nothing more than tribalism akin to modern sports.

It's okay when my team breaks the law but not others. The refs are biased! The left is gonna clutch their pearls over this Bannon thing but have no idea or will turn a blind eye about the Clinton Foundation, the funneling of money through Act Blue, or the decades of corruption of the Dem party while CNN spoonfeeds them their political opinions.

Everything happens according to plan while you enjoy the bread and circuses of your political theatre.

If you can't see your strings, you'll never be free.

And Rocky its a joke. Didn't know this was a #NoFunZone. But the police state is gonna only grow more aggressive after whats coming.

All hail Mother Russia!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Politics is nothing more than tribalism akin to modern sports.

It's okay when my team breaks the law but not others. The refs are biased! The left is gonna clutch their pearls over this Bannon thing but have no idea or will turn a blind eye about the Clinton Foundation, the funneling of money through Act Blue, or the decades of corruption of the Dem party while CNN spoonfeeds them their political opinions.

Everything happens according to plan while you enjoy the bread and circuses of your political theatre.

If you can't see your strings, you'll never be free.

And Rocky its a joke. Didn't know this was a #NoFunZone. But the police state is gonna only grow more aggressive after whats coming.

All hail Mother Russia!

I’m going to try to humor you on this one...so please bear with me here.

I’ll grant you the pointed this is all tribalism. And this is not the first time this is happened in this country. Cities versus rural areas is as classic of a political clashing’s as they get.

The Clinton foundation. I’ve been reading pieces about how corrupt and unlawful it has been. Very little in the way of legal consequence has ever occurred. All the anti-Hillary stuff all the anti-liberal stuff I just purely dismiss as right wing propaganda.

Trump colleagues and lackeys are being arrested left and right for the past four years. The senate Intel committee controlled by Republicans just came out with a report saying they agree that Trump and Russia worked together. Whether that is illegal or not is a different question.

When I see one group of people go mostly free of scandal in terms of legal consequence and another group who is drowning in it, I have to believe that the former was likely political propaganda designed to hurt the opposition and the other has a legitimate backing to it.

Why shouldn’t I believe that?

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m going to try to humor you on this one...so please bear with me here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I support neither political party.

I'd appreciate it if you'd humor entertaining that thought.

mitchejw wrote:

Trump and Russia worked together.

Politicians work together? The shock and horror!

mitchejw wrote:

Whether that is illegal or not is a different question.

The problem being it fires up Russiagate truthers that it's all a grand conspiracy.

It could be a conspiracy. Conspiracies happen. There's just no evidence for this one.

And the saga itself was beyond the pale in absurdity.

mitchejw wrote:

All the anti-Hillary stuff all the anti-liberal stuff I just purely dismiss as right wing propaganda.

Do what you will.

But the only way you could say this with a straight face is if you have a short memory or unknowledgeable of the Clintons.

Hillary has a rap sheet a mile long: NAFTA, Travelgate, Chinagate, a career of lies. Take your pick.

I mean I could take or leave all that and just say "Hey, look at 1998 of the Clinton administration".

And no I'm not talking about the blowjob.

mitchejw wrote:

I just purely dismiss as right wing propaganda.

There are many journalists "on the left" that constantly, to this day, point out the evils of the Clinton and Obama admins.

mitchejw wrote:

Very little in the way of legal consequence has ever occurred.

Yes, powerful people are often not prosecuted for their crimes. See: Bush administration.

mitchejw wrote:

I have to believe that the former was likely political propaganda designed to hurt the opposition

You mean like Russiagate?

mitchejw wrote:

propaganda designed to hurt the opposition

Like Fox News?

mitchejw wrote:

propaganda designed to hurt the opposition

Like CNN?

mitchejw wrote:

Why shouldn’t I believe that?

Of course you believe it. You just don't understand the structure of the U.S. political system.

mitchejw wrote:

I’ll grant you the pointed this is all tribalism.

It all brings us back to the original point. This thread is 99% innuendo and calling each other stupid.

I haven't seen any discussions of the economy, economics, monetary policy, money in politics.

You know, real political issues and policy positions.

It's all just political theatre. And you're dancing to someone's tune.

You can dismiss me as a Trumper, Berniebros, conspiracy theorist, idiot, whatever. I don't care. I'm confident and happy with my orientation towards the world. It takes too long to elucidate my thoughts and as evidenced by the COVID thread, when I do take time, people just kinda brush it away and don't engage with it because it counteracts the dominant narrative that has been spoonfed to them by the media. Could I be wrong? Sure! Show me. Let's have a conversation like grownups.

I'll back out of the thread now. It just doesn't seem like a productive use of time. I don't want to come off as an elitist, not my intent at all. I want to be cool with everyone. Always have, always will. I'd just encourage everyone to turn off the news, look into recent history (Reagan-Obama admins), read some finance books, and ask questions. Maybe this kick in the ass will help you get in the right direction maybe you'll laugh and be like hey that Wags guy is a real asshole. I can't control the reaction.

I came into the now locked political thread to post about the radical left which is very worrisome and then posted an article from the educated left about the dangers of the far right. Maybe there's a balance there. Maybe I look at both sides and care about everyone. Maybe I'm right about some things.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

What I like about US politics is that there is more checks and balances than up here in Canada.

You can be a Republican and go against your party and not be immediately booted unlike up here with our Parliamentary system. I believe the UK has more independence than Canada’s system too.

Board footer