You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Scott says VR is finished after this tour on stage in Glasgow?! :(

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

James is right.... If I reunion ever happens Matt will definitely be on the drums.

Sitting there playing drums right along with that piano.

I wonder if he'll be asking "Hey wait. I thought I was in a rock band?" or if he'll be too busy counting money to worry about that. 16

People like to misquote Matt about the piano thing. He said the same thing when he was in Guns: he'd been surprised when he had heard NR for the first time, cause that wasn't the song people expected GN'R to play. He was surprised and didn't like it for the first few listens, but later got used to the idea. That's it.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Scott is right on here. Matt is totally immature. He's about the only member of the band, or any artist as  old as he is, that talks about banging groupies like it's still the cool thing to do.

i think you got the immature thing totally reversed.

matt didn't point any fingers directly at scott. he just said the band has problems like any other band. then scott went into his rant that he has recorded x albums and bla bla bla.

he's the one making his life tough for him. these guys were all behind him with his rehab and his problems. should i count the number of times he had problems with the law and drugs since he's been in the band? starting with his first days as a member of vr?

he just can't take the high road over anything that's thrown directly at him whether it is gnr mentions or anything. should we rewind to 2006 when axl said slash came to his house? remember the rant he posted on vr's main page? does that sound mature?

and who cares if matt's banging groupies at his age? he can do what the fuck he wants with his money. he may be a hired gun and i don't like him but obviously he's a good fucking hired gun if guns n' roses, the cult, velvet revolver and tori amos think he should play with them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Scott is right on here. Matt is totally immature. He's about the only member of the band, or any artist as  old as he is, that talks about banging groupies like it's still the cool thing to do.

and who cares if matt's banging groupies at his age? he can do what the fuck he wants with his money.

So, you're saying Matt has to pay for his groupies? I, actually, believe that.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

All the Guns process stress aggressively. It was always only a matter of time before he left...What you give is what you get eventually. Scott has never processed his stress in an aggressive manner just not his scene I am sure it gets old after a minute...I always thought it was a great career move for Scott to get together with these guy....I think they did incredibly disciplined work together on Libertad but the different ways they work was evident.  They worked with a straight jacket on to merge the styles and the message. Who wants to do that? Well I don't think it was Scott and moving forward he doesn't have too. As for him being an addict what are we talking about here Rock and Roll or the food network? Ridiculous drugs are a part of our culture, none of the old guns can claim to have a grip on that either. Who knows with the new band in a vacuum everything gets sucked out.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

It's a shame that a band with Slash and Duff in it couldn't make more than two or three good songs and only one really solid one (Slither) but they couldn't...bottom line.  I'm glad they are breaking up.  Liberturd was a pile of shit and I was utterly disappointed because I knew what they SHOULD be able to do.  Weiland was good in STP, that is where he needs to be.  Slash and DUff need to move on and find the right formula for solid rock n roll again...they have the right stuff if they can mix it into the right formula again.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

and who cares if matt's banging groupies at his age? he can do what the fuck he wants with his money.

Haha, true that.  I would love to see him hitting on girls, and getting rejected.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:
supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

i apologize, i made an error in my ideas. that's the only thing you had to comment on my response i assume.
and groupies is a term that defines girls that hang around bands for the sole purpose of bangin' the members, not for money, just because they want to. but i think you already know that, don't you? smile
and no, i don't think matt has to pay for his groupies. 22
talk about childish behaviour 17

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

OMG....Scott has some ego. Matt's comments are pretty harmless...he just says bands have issues from time to time...and scott goes on one of his delusional "I'm as big as GNR ever were rants"....this is the kind of comment that makes him look like a tool....

And I say that as a casual STP fan and a big VR fan - so i'm not a scott basher...but this is just Bullshit.

agreed entirely

Scott sounds like an over reactive tool here, jealous of guns success

Matts comments were tame and he has blown them way out of proportion

I wonder what was going on? Seems Scotts ego has been too badly damaged and he struggles with the fact that Slash is easily the biggest star in VR

shame.. agree James - never lived up to the potential on paper

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

So, not very useful criticizing people really, is it ?

What i am curious about is wether they have a singer in mind now Scott has publically declared himself out ?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I wonder what was going on? Seems Scotts ego has been too badly damaged and he struggles with the fact that Slash is easily the biggest star in VR

I wonder if Libertad's irrellevancy on the music world and essentially being a flop contributed to Scott wanting to leave to walk right in to a newly hyped band's reunion & probable album release.

Either way, it may be the best thing for all involved. As long as VR get a better fit for singer.  Hopefully one who knows a bit about guitar & writing tracks. Dave Kushner may be a nice guy & everything, but I don't think he adds anything to this band. Gilby Clarke would probably be a better fit. I'm not trying to say he'd be a savior or anything, just that Libertad's guitar tracks were kinda weak & shallow.

Board footer