You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Neemo wrote:

that is a pretty low life thing to do to that guy sad

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Instead of a month at a time, I think it could work well a week at a time. That would be crazy.
Can you imagine having 4 albums debut #1 in a row in the same month. That would be a record
that would never be broken. Plus that would be what would always be mentioned next to Chinese
Democracy. Almost like how UYI was the first since Jim Croce to have 2 albums debut in the top
spot at the same time. But this would blow that away.

If true, it would be a brilliant move to erase the abilty of anyone calling CD a failure.

Sky Dog wrote:

that was insane and that poor bastard will be drawn and quartered if he just spilled the beans on the album thing......:drool:

Sky Dog wrote:

Also, I agree with releasing all the material in a short span of time. The material was most likely mixed and mastered at the same time and the name Chinese Democracy is attached to it. It makes sense to clean the slate, but I can't see it actually happening.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

Please, don't make me break out the FIVE POINTS of why there will NOT be a reunion, again.

And isn't it possible if they do release all the albums that they would do it a month at a time and
not all at once? That would be September, October, November, December. The four months you
really want to release an album(s).

I haven't seen your FIVE POINTS before, so I'm more than interested in you breaking them out again. Or maybe you could point me to an earlier post of yours?

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I'm not sure I buy into the "4 albums at once" part, but I'm honestly most surprised that the VMA rumor might actually have some credibility to it.

Like many here, I feel bad for the guy.  When any "journalist" says "off the record," then that's what it should be.  Yes, the guy made a mistake by opening up to a stranger, but still.  I guess his bigger mistake was not asking to see a press pass or some form of credentials before talking, on the record or otherwise.

Also surprised that the original clip is still up, too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

If I were Axl, it would be close the show or nothing.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

You have to admit, though, that EW bit was ridiculously vague, rattling off a list of artists to which the guy responded, "we're talking to all of them."  Based on that piece alone, I'd say it's nothing more than rumor and speculation at best.   The whole Rock Band 2 scenario and the timing involved gives it a lot more credibility, speculation or not...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer