You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Axl No. 64 In Rolling Stone Greatest Singers List

Neemo wrote:

of course i cant fail to mention canadian artists

Jeff Martin - Tea Party
Raine Maida - Our Lady Peace
David Usher - Moist
Edwin McCain - I Mother Earth/Solo
Matthew Good

fantastic singers/frontmen 22

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Bret Michaels is very good IMO...Poison puts on a very good show

Phil Anselmo is a god as are Dave Mustaine, Scott Weiland and Maynard James Keeton

Wayne Satic from Static X and Adam Gontier from 3 Days Grace

all amazing frontmen from bands i have seen

I didn't like Adam Gontier when i saw them.

Bret Michaels- i won't comment on him. 16

Rob Zombie is someone who should be on a greatest frontmen list.  That guy has an increadible amount of stage presence.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:

i dunno i remember him being very energetic and spot on to the album recording when i saw them open for VR in 05

of course magic mushrooms do tend to enhance what you think you saw 16

anyway....i remmber the concert being very good..and his performance was great all around

Have you seen poison? I'm not a huge fan by any means, i actually got free tickets to see them in 02 and i thought they really knew how to put on a show..that was even in Toronto during that whole SARS bullshit and they still came out and played well and long...again a good gig i was pleasantly surprised...i thought it was gonna be shit 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

of course i cant fail to mention canadian artists

Jeff Martin - Tea Party
Raine Maida - Our Lady Peace
David Usher - Moist
Edwin McCain - I Mother Earth/Solo
Matthew Good

fantastic singers/frontmen 22

You lost me with Raine man.  The guy can't even dream about being a good frontman.  I'm pretty positive that he can't even dream about it cause he sucks to much.  Saw OLP when they toured for Naveed which is by far their best album and the guy just stood there.  At one point I was starting to wonder if he was paralyzed.  He just stood at the mic and sang.  Jeff Martin is good.  Could pass himself has the long lost child of Morrison.  David Usher was awesome with Moist!  Moist were great until they released the dimes album.  That made me want to puke.  I hope they come back one day and put out one last album that can be better.  I don't know how he is solo but with Moist he ruled!

And madagas you are right about Maynard from Tool.  The guy rocks!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

raine jumped off the guitar stack (15-20 feet up) and crowd surfed at the show i saw for the clumsy tour....he was fuckign awesome that night 11

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Obviously I'm going to go ahead and agree with that. Even though Elvis is considered a "solo artist", he had a large band. And the way he fronted that band (interactions and what not) was flat out incredible from 1970 on.

Damn right.  If there ever is a class on how to be a great frontman, Elvis should be the reference.  Any good frontman should watch Elvis's tapes.  The charisma he had was incredible.  And His voice was amazing.

I know we're not really having an "Elvis Argument" but I'll go ahead and throw this out there. This is a small example of what gnfnraxl & I are talking about:

Whoa! I didn't even realize until after I watched this again that my new avatar is from this performance.

E will always be KING! 9

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:

i dunno i remember him being very energetic and spot on to the album recording when i saw them open for VR in 05

of course magic mushrooms do tend to enhance what you think you saw 16

anyway....i remmber the concert being very good..and his performance was great all around

Have you seen poison? I'm not a huge fan by any means, i actually got free tickets to see them in 02 and i thought they really knew how to put on a show..that was even in Toronto during that whole SARS bullshit and they still came out and played well and long...again a good gig i was pleasantly surprised...i thought it was gonna be shit 16

I've seen live footage from Poison and i just can't get into it.  I just don't like Brett Michaels.  That whole Rock of Love show really didn't help him any either.  16

I saw 3 Days Grace open for Nickelback (i went for a girl:haha:), and when the dude from Nickelback does better than the guy from 3 Days Grace... i just can't put that guy on a greatest frontmen list, because i would never put the guy from Nickelback on a list like that. 16

I will admit, he was really energetic and did a good job. 

Seriously though, Rob Zombie = 9

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

videos arent the same as being there

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Neemo is 100% right. I used to think that when it comes to GN'R. Listened & watched boots for years.

Then went to a show.

Time of my life. An unmatchable feeling, just an awesome experience. Boots can only capture about 20% of a live experience imo. The little things are what makes it. The anticipation of the band hitting the stage, the electricity in the air, the *weed* in the air (lol, rock n' fuckin' roll baby), the audience's participation, the pyro, the migraine you leave the stage with because your half-high and half-dizzy from the fact your ears still haven't popped because of the pyro and Axl's Paradise City screams in the outro...

It's amazing.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Damn right.  If there ever is a class on how to be a great frontman, Elvis should be the reference.  Any good frontman should watch Elvis's tapes.  The charisma he had was incredible.  And His voice was amazing.

I know we're not really having an "Elvis Argument" but I'll go ahead and throw this out there. This is a small example of what gnfnraxl & I are talking about:

Whoa! I didn't even realize until after I watched this again that my new avatar is from this performance.

E will always be KING! 9

F'n A, Cotton... F'n A..

Board footer