You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: A theory on Axl's silence...pure speculation.

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well that's odd cause everyone I know, knows about the band. Anyone who follows rock music knows that Slash isn't in GNR anymore. Its 2008 not 2002 man. People know. The majority knows that Slash is in VR and GNR is only Axl Rose and some new guys.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

If rumors of a video/tour in the coming months are true, I fully expect Axl to begin the media blitz this album warrants.

If on the other hand it never materializes, then clearly something is rotten inside the white mansion on top of the hill in Malibu.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

My theory is that they are trying to fool the general public into thinking it's old GN'R.

It's just smart business. Bait and switch.

that's definitely true but not in lieu of promotion of cd
they can still promote the album if they choose to

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I have to wonder if Best Buy knew that Axl was going to be a no-show for his own album release. Like they said, "okay, so we pay you $13 million up front, and then you do no press, no appearances, no video... Deal!" I could see if this things flops that Best Buy would sue for breach of contract and claim that Axl didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My guess is that with the heavy amount of money already in CD, most likely Best Buy took full responsibility for ALL promotions in the U.S. Not GN'R.

With Black Ice... that was all Wal-Mart. Not AC/DC.

I think promotion comes with these deals. Best Buy has far more money to throw around through countless sources to promote CD, than GN'R.

Now the CD (the song) being used with the WWE, and Shackler's for RB2... that's GN'R.

Board footer