You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

Axl S wrote:

Did any material written with the old band I.E. Slash, Duff etc. during the period from about 93-97 make it to Chinese Democracy. Like any of it at all?

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

Axl Rose....ok...let's do this:

1. You mentioned that CD's release was a miracle in a way...with that in mind, did you ever find yourself thinking that you would never be able to push it out..?...that it would never happen, no matter what you did...?...

2. Which musician that you worked with since the new lineup started off would you consider to be the most valuable asset...?....the one you couldn't have done this without...?...in other words, who in the new line up is as important to the whole mix as you are...?

3. Other than Baz, who from the olden days do you still keep in regular touch with...(i mean musicians mainly)....Steven Tyler...?...Anyone else...?...and how supportive have these old "colleagues" have been of your project...?

4. Did the last 15 years of negative press and speculation drive you insane..?...what do you do to relax and get away from it all...?

5. Was Tommy's hand injury the real reason for shows in South Africa being canceled...?....or was it management/political/promoter dilemma...?...having said that, when are you coming down here?

My question would be - Many people have criticized you for having a spiritual advisor [my condolences], do you have any sentiments you would like to share about that?  I feel ones beliefs are personal to themselves and who's to say it's wrong just because they are spiritual ones, psychic power or that of another dimention .

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Damn theres so many things that could be asked....!

'What was the intention with that press release about Slash's visit to your house? Was that a deliberate attempt to derail VR and if so why? Do you not think certain matters should be resolved in a more sensible adult manner?'

I cant really see him answering that though!

If people get upset with questions about Slash/the old band I have a back up. 'Axl, whats you favourite colour'. Although someones probably asked that already though.

adiarose
 Rep: 0 

adiarose wrote:

A a lot of these songs have been a decade in the making,and obviously some of them contain some anger and  resentment,but are they a true reflection of where you are in your life at the moment? A lot of people seem to be willing the album and you to fail but remember there are many of us who are grateful for the joy you have  brought to our lives.
Love the album
Fuck the naysayers
Sorry for them
Not Sorry for you

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

1. In retrospect are you happy with the final tracklist that made it to Chinese Democracy or would you have added/replaced any tracks with other songs that have been recorded for this project?

2. This album is very strong and I see several options for more singles.  What songs would you consider to be the potential follow ups to the Chinese Democracy and Better singles?

3. Which songs from Chinese Democracy have changed the most from their earliest working demos?

4. Just a statement...we REALLY appreciate these q&a sessions you have done for the community!  Your music and attitude justifies the fanbase.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl, saw you twice in 2006 in Tampa & Estero. Great shows!

We all kind of know the band's respect of Appetite old or new, and how it was career-defining for GN'R, but what do you think of the Illusion albums now, looking back over the years? To many GN'R fans (if not all), they produced some of the best in GNR's catalog, such as November Rain, Coma, Civil War, and Estranged, surpassing Appetite for many. What do you think of those albums now? Love? Regrets?

Thanks very much for your response, and for doing this gracious gesture with your fans.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not to be a buzzsaw or anything, but I don't think he would post here.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Why did you choose Azoff as manager?

His reputation as a reuniter of fragile band relationships is legendary, so you must have foreseen the message, intended or unintended it sent?

Do you ever talk to the other L.A. bands that came out at the same time as guns, like Bang Tango, Faster Pussycat, etc?

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

Axl,

"The internet seems to beeee...... a big garbage can.... so i dont read what they say on the internet anymore" RIR 3 tongue

what changed your mind old fella ?

and who are rinarto and zozee lol that has always bugged me

Board footer