You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: Weird...

strat0 wrote:

I know this is weird, but does anyone else like Oh My God more than pretty much everything on CD?
I mean Don't get me wrong I like almost all the songs on CD but musically I feel OMG is by far better.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

OMG is awesome always liked it.  Why is that weird... Weird  is liking Prostitute
LOL

Its fast and raw which is axl at his best

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I do like OMG, but not more than the songs on CD.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Well, I had to listen to it on youtube since it's been awhile. The vocals to OMG are terrible. Musically, the chorus sections isn't horrible. Looking back it seemed like GnR was heading in a decent direction & might have had more hard rock potential. It's better than Riad imho. Definitely sounds like a more raw, unpolished sound. A bridge between old GnR & CD-GnR if you will.

strat0

strat0 wrote:

I mean the lyrics are amazing and if Axl rerecorded vocals and had buckethead on the track over the years I think it would blow all of the CD rockers completley out of the water.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh My God is the shit. I still listen to it more. Sometimes more than CD tracks. The lyrics are top notch. If it was a more guitar driven song then it would just be a beast.

strat0

strat0 wrote:

and that intro bass line is awesome!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I love OMG, it has attitude in spades. I love the lyrics and the way they are sung, Axl sounds mean as hell. The only weak point at all in that song imo is the guitar solo.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yes, OMG is one of my favorites.

The "What Can I do when there's so many liars who crawl through your veins like millions of spiders"

Thats one of the greatest lines ever written IMO

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It had a bite to it. Very aggressive and that's what I was hoping for in CD but didn't happen.

Board footer