You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Another Adler Interview

Aussie wrote:

He says Slash has asked him to play on one of his solo songs.

He also says "I'm not going to say anything bad about Axl, and just leave it as that" to "I'm done waiting on him, Fuck him"

[youtube]BartffPdNQ0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

"I'm done waiting on him, Fuck him"

14 Has to be one of the greatest quotes this decade. Hope it gets used in one of the 2009:Year in Review magazines.

Looks like the recent Axl tirade woke this guy up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha adler moved on before Axl....the end is neigh

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Nice to see Steven looking and sounding healthy. I love his honesty, most of the GNR guys speak like fucking politicians unless they have an axe to grind. It doesnt matter whats Stevens  doing or who he is talking to, he just says whats he's feeling and then gets on with it.

I like the idea of putting his shows on the website the next night, its an easy way of interacting and getting people interested. The mind boggles why GNR have bothered to put up any media on their site, if it was updated occassionaly with live videos and audio I think there would be less resentment towards them from the fans.
I thought when they done the Australasia tour at least one video would go up. What did we get - pictures of them feeding wallabies nabbed from someones myspace.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

cool, I really look forward to hearing him and Slash play together on Slash's album

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Didn't he say he asked Slash, but he said no and Steven cried "that fuckhead Matt Sorum will play on Slash's album"?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ I believe Steven's quote in that celebrity rehab vid was "That piece of shit Matt Sorum".  14

But yeah, he must have mended things a little bit with Slash since then.  Well he says so in this new vid.  But he also says Slash tells him "ONE" song only.  Maybe he felt sorry for him.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think Slash gave the condition that he pulled himself together before he could play, he was a mess prior to that rehab show. Friend or no friend, you couldnt take on board someone in that state, it would be a disaster.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

He actually seems pretty clean in this interview. Hopefully things straighten up for him, I'd like to see him back on his feet again. 1 song w/Slash would be awesome, especially if Duff's on it too.

PGER83
 Rep: 5 

PGER83 wrote:

http://www.sonicexcess.com/steven_adler_interview.html

BM: In 2005 “Adler’s Appetite” recorded an E.P. with original materiel.  Do you have any plans on going into the studio and recording a full length album?

SA: Absolutely! Next week, (First week in April 2009) once we finish this tour up, I am going to go home for a few days and just sleep.  We have done 22 shows so I am going to sleep for a few days then I am going to have a couple meetings with Slash.  I have been working with Slash.  I am producing a record and playing on it of course, so that will be in a week or two that we finish with this (the final date on the tour).

BM: Is that going to be Slash’s solo record?

SA: No, that is going to be my record, but I am going to play a song on Slash’s solo record too.  So I will be doing some recording with him on that, but he is going to be producing my record.

BM: Are you going to have any gust appearance on you’re record?

SA: Of course, we want eight cover songs.  With each song we do we want at least one person who played on the original version to play on my record.  I am thinking about changing the name to “Adler’s G.N.R.” too, because you cannot copyright the letters.  I am 1/5 of the band just like he (Axl Rose) is 1/5 of the band.  At least I’m out there playing the songs people want to hear.

BM: So this is not going to be just a regular recording, it is going to have everyone on it?

SA: Ya, I want to do it old school with a two inch tape and not with computers.  I want an old sound, not perfect and crispy.  I do not want to take away the magic of the songs that I re-do.  Nowadays people go into the studio and record a song… the drummer will play 30 seconds of the beat and type the rest of it in on a computer.  I want it all real, that’s how we did Appetite… it was done in one take.  It was anything goes, whatever happens, happens.

BM: The last time I did an interview with you, I had asked you about the new “Guns N’ Roses line up and you said that “there is no new Guns N’ Roses.”  Do you still feel the same way, and have you heard Chinese Democracy yet?

SA: Ya, Axl should have named the band W.A.R., for W. Axl Rose and I think that would have been much better.

BM: Axl Rose did a recent interview with Del James and when asked about a “Guns N’ Roses” reunion Axl gave a reason for not considering it and listed why involving every former member.  Axl said “Steven [Adler] brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother.  One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath.”  What is your response to that?

SA: I do not know why he would say that.  My mother-thing is over and I do not know why he is still going on with that.  Now that I’m back in control and have power of attorney, I don’t know why he would say ambulance chaser. I don’t get it.

Board footer