You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Metallica live in Quebec city Nov 1st 2009 review and setlist

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Sounds like another killer metallica show, that set list is very cool too - Death Magnetic heavy - but with a few early thrown in - and the "must haves" for a full tallica experience like "Master of Muppets" for the old shcool and "Enter Sandman" as their biggest hit.

I'd like to see GNR do similar, play a heavy CD setlist - along with Jungle, Pardice City, and a few of the classics one expects.

Agreed although when I saw them in 06 thy did play 5 CD songs which is not bad.  Difference is that when they played CD songs the crowd did not care.  Where as with Metallica the crowd went nuts.  Does it mean Death Magnetic is better than CD?  Not necessarily but the approach was different.  Like I said there was a great interaction with the crowd and Hetfield reacted when the crowd were going wild.  Plus when Metallica played the new stuff they were proud to introduce those songs.  Where as Axl just played the songs with no introduction and no interaction with his audience.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He was pretty interactive the shows I was at.

Axl will never be a James Hetfield in audience interaction. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably be disappointed.

He was shaking hands and acknowleding the audience pretty regularly the shows I was at. But he only maybe said two sentences the whole night.

gnfnraxl wrote:

What?  I didn't bash Metallica.

I was agreeing with you...

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He was pretty interactive the shows I was at.

Axl will never be a James Hetfield in audience interaction. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably be disappointed.

He was shaking hands and acknowleding the audience pretty regularly the shows I was at. But he only maybe said two sentences the whole night.

I'm not asking Axl to be Hetfield.  But Axl used to be a great frontman.  And say what you will but saying all but 2 sentences to the crowd during a show.  Axl used to be better than this.  Good for you guys if Axl stayed to shake hands after.  But the showI went too there was little to no crowd interaction.  Anyways all I'm saying is I wish Axl had that passion again.  Maybe I'm asking for too much.  Back on program.  Metallica show rocked.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know about after the show. Axl was shaking hands during the performances of the songs, and continuing to sing.

Kind of like Indiana '91.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

wow... shortest straw????
i would kill to see them play that live... cheers, man

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

wow... shortest straw????
i would kill to see them play that live... cheers, man

Yeah!  Only song I wish they would've played and didn't is Dyer's eve.  But I knew going in that the chances that they would play it were minimal at best.  And Shortest straw and four horsemen more than made up for it.

gnfnraxl wrote:

But I knew going in that the chances that they would play it were minimal at best.

Not really.

They've played it numerous times in 2009.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Yeah I know Handsome.  But I knew that I would not be that lucky.  wink  But I know they played it on this tour.

Yeah, I know.

The Shortest Straw and Dyers Eve on the same night? Damn.

I wish that I would've got either one back when I saw them twice earlier this year. But they did tease us with a little bit of The Frayed Ends of Sanity and Suicide & Redemption!

Any setlist will do as long as they hit the stage... Metallica always put on a good show.

Board footer