You are not logged in.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: russtcb re-mixes (Chinese Democracy now added)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 160 

Gibbo wrote:

Thanks again mate

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 60 

Dude...that was great! I'm glad you got rid of most of the intro and end after the guitar explosion. The tracks sounded great. Robin and Bucket's leads and riffs sounded more epic!!  Did you turn up the drums and the bass by any chance? Cause I could hear more of a different rhythm going on within the song which was pretty cool! smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh yeah! I hear that. Awesome! Glad you enjoying doing all that. I could definitely pick out Tommy and Chris's bass/ sub bass parts alot more which was great and gave it more of a band feel. This remix makes the song sound more of a classic GNR kind of rocker which it was originally meant to be.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Yep! glad it worked out. I could hear more guitar and less of some of the keyboard and synth & other music programming wall of sound bits from Pitman and Axl. Which is great. Just the basic keyboard parts from Dizzy and Mother Goose was necessary!  Axl's voice sounded much more engaging and powerful in the mix too.  I should definitely bust this remix out at a party sometime where some of my friends want to hear some good rock music.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh I will. big_smile Agreed. I love experimenting with types of music and trying to find a great sound that could inspire me to do something great in the near future. The thing is I think Axl originally would of wanted some of these tracks this way if it wasn't for UMG, Jimmy Iovine, Roy Thomas Baker, and such telling him and the other guys to re-record and add more to the songs which led to the record's constant delays.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer