You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Sharon Maynard (Yoda)

Bono wrote:

So I was doing some reading today in a book store skimming through a GN'R encyclopedia and I came across Sharon Maynard , more famously known in Gn'R circles as "Yoda". Anyways I was surprised to find out she was born in Canada. On be half of my country I apologize for any ill effects her involvement and relationship with Axl may have had on the once greatest rock band on the planet. I was also surprise to read that she had been on tour with the band durring the Illusion tour. I had no idea her relationship with Axl went that far back.  There was some weird shit on what her role was and how anyone enterng the "Circle" had to be approved by her. Her job was basically to keep people away with negative auras, bad energy or less than pure intentions when it came to being in or around Guns N' Roses(Axl). Guess the Lebies clan is pure of heart afterall.

Apparently she passed away a while back though???

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah she died in 2007.

Apparently much land in Canada was bought with GNR $$'s, but her husband Eliott eventually had to sell a lot of it after Yoda's death in an effort to support other interests.

Apparently after her death Elliot offered up a Yoda substitute in an attempt to keep the $$'s rolling in "Yoda" style.  She was also oriental and coached no doubt.

I also heard that Axl got taken for seven figures by these charlatans in Sedona.  I suppose with exorcisms at the discount price of $75,000 and weekend confabs at $25,000 per head it wouldn't take long for the $$'s to rack up. 

Apparently certain staff members around Axl were also required to pay a monthly retainer to Yoda of $10,000.  I'm sure it was money well spent Dougie. 16

Even funnier I have heard that the Maynards themselves would occasionally let their loose lips disparage and mock Axl.  Lovely way to have treated your cash cow!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It's so Michael Jacksonish no? Just the whole fact Axl had a Psychic on payroll is so out there to me.

" Exorcisms at the disscount price..."  Hilarious. 16

I also read in this encyclopedia that the old band members mocked her and had nothing good to say about her involvement.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

The little that I have read about this Yoda person over the years does sound wierd.

But after reading both Slash and Duff's books, very little if any mentions are made on the subject. So apparently it was not as big of an issue as other would like to portray it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think I read Matt saying some stuff about her and how she was ripping Axl off with her bullshit, or something like that...

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think I read Matt saying some stuff about her and how she was ripping Axl off with her bullshit, or something like that...

Thats the problem though with these types of situations, people thought she was ripping Axl off, which imo I bet she was, yet if you'd confronted her or Axl about it she'd probably claim you're the negative problem that is bringing Axl down, and it goes round in circles....

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I find this all very interesting though, the circle, the paranoia, the "helpers" and "hangers on" during the UYI tour period and after. Interesting, sad at the same time, and pretty damn messed up.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

Rolling Stone article from May 2000 covers Yoda quite a bit. http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3351

Board footer