You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

24 hours later after his speech on Raw and his Hall of Fame induction at the weekend.

This is crazy and shocking.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior

BkwVJAuCMAA3Qln.jpg

johndivney wrote:

RIP Ulitmate Warrior

when i first got into wrestling it was him/hogan & savage - & then bret hart/shawn michaels, but him especially. he had the athleticism & the image. i remember my cousin & i used to pretend to be warrior vs hogan. we'd have our own makeshift ring. we always both wanted to be warrior, he was just so much more fun. would do the mad shaking off the ropes & crazy style. am sure we just two of millions copying him.
he defo captured the imagination moreso than most.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I was pretty shocked to hear he died this morning I was a big fan as a boy, he was the guy that got me into watching wrestling, when you were a kid you thought it was real and he was like a real life He-Man. The WWF was brilliant back then, full of all these larger than life characters, it was a great time to be young. 

Then I grew up and forgot about him, but after Randy Savage died Warrior made a tribute video and that was the first I had heard of him in years , I liked what he had to say and I delved into his other videos on youtube and I pretty much became a fan again.

This is one of my favorites:

AtariLegend wrote:

So I'm listening to PWtorch livecast and a guy calls in and asks Steve Austin.. so I heard you used to beat your wife. I was wondering if you could give any details and talk about what you learned from it *I'm para-phrasing, but that's what he asked*. He asks another question too about the Ringmaster which Steve answers and ignores the first question.

*Akward*

AtariLegend wrote:

BREAKING WWE NEWS: Ultimate Warrior cause of death

An autopsy reveals that Ultimate Warrior, 54, died of heart disease, reports TMZ.

The official cause of death listed by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner is "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease."

This was the same cause of death for Eddie Guerrero when his heart stopped at the age of 38 in November 2005.

The medical examiner added to Warrior's autopsy report that neither drugs nor alcohol were directly involved in Warrior's "fatal heart attack" event on Tuesday, April 8.

Warrior was an admittedly heavy steroid user during his pro wrestling career, which affects the condition of a person's heart due to the heart also being a muscle. He had a family history of heart attacks, as his father died at age 57 and one of his grandfathers died at age 52.

Warrior was inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame on April 5, appeared at WrestleMania on Apr. 6, made his final TV appearance on Raw on Apr. 7, and suffered the fatal heart attack after returning home to Arizona on Apr. 8.

Source: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_ … 0yQufldUpo

AtariLegend wrote:

By the way, the latest news.

- Del Rio got sacked for real for supposedly slapping another non wrestling employee backstage.

- Lesnar will probably beat Cena at SumerSlam for the title.

- Bryan has been constantly injured since Wrestlemania. Some hope he'll make a Wrestling comeback by the Royal Rumble, but if not his career might be over.

- Punks contract expired officially a few weeks ago.

- Sting's making lots of promotional appearances for the company and in the next video game. You have to expect him to how up on TV sooner or later.

- TNA didn't get their TV deal renewed, contract negotiations are supposedly ongoing.

- Russo has left TNA once again in real life.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They're going to need to have Sting play some role. I've had zero interest in the WWE and haven't watched any wrestling in months.

And the mix messages with Punk... I read that the WWE doesn't want him back. Then I read they showed the Punk special on the WWE network as a message from Vince to Punk that the door is always open.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think we'll get the Sting/Taker match next year finally. Rocks supposed to be coming back this time, so he'll be paired with Lesnar.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're going to need to have Sting play some role. I've had zero interest in the WWE and haven't watched any wrestling in months.

And the mix messages with Punk... I read that the WWE doesn't want him back. Then I read they showed the Punk special on the WWE network as a message from Vince to Punk that the door is always open.

Quick WWE rant:

The CM Punk drama bums me out. I watched The Best In The World, and was immediately a huge Punk mark, but now he's gone.

Phil Brooks should head up creative. Period.

He's right... Everything he's ever said in terms of WWE being completely out of touch was spot on. The last time I even CHECKED this thread was when he dropped the first Pipe Bomb, and I was immediately a fan. The more homework I do on the guy just builds up my deep respect for him. It's a shame he's gone. Hopefully he'll be back, but it's not likely going to be any time soon.

They have no competition, and that's made them boring and painfully predictable. It's 1987-1995 all over again.

Th HOF/Mania weekend pulled me back in after at least a decade. Razor and The Snake getting their shit together was uplifting. Warrior finally getting his props was long overdue... I'm really happy he made nice with Vince. Those two narratives were enough to get me to tune in... Wrestlemania was spectacular. Raw was great that week. Then Warrior died..

I started watching weekly again for the first time since the Monday Night Wars... But after a couple of months... The horrible booking and complete lack of anything interesting has pushed me back away. Any time they seem to be going somewhere cool with something, they fuck it up. Bryan winning the strap(s) in the manner he did was awesome. The Bryan/Kane shit was beyond fucking stupid. It was like really bad 80's WWF.

The Sting shit is a decade too late.... and it's being dragged out.. Which makes me care even less.

The Shield stuff is cool.. Seth turning was a bright spot... But why the FUCK did they not put the IC belt on him or Ambrose to give it the prestige it once had, and to bump the feud stakes up a notch? Also...for fuck's sake... Put a strap on Reigns already..

Fuck Cena. (Cena/Lesnar? Seriously?)

Fuck HHH. Bringing back Evolution was retarded.

Rusev is a badass.. But the Rocky 4 story line is played out.

Bray was super-over.. Now they're wasting his heat on Jericho.

RVD used to be the Whole Damn Show.. Now his mere presence means it's time to get a drink and take a piss.

CM Punk chants make my insides warm and fuzzy.

I have this recurring dream where I'm eating AJ Lee's asshole while watching Smackdown, then...

Ummm.. wait. I kinda lost myself for a second.

/rant.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, and it looks like coming back to wrestling would be, in his mind, according to Paul Heyman, that he would consider himself a failure. I think he will, but its going to be a long time... then again, Paul said he was never coming back too.

Board footer