You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: New Sixx A.M. Single - Gotta Get It Right

FlashFlood wrote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … right.html

Um, well, can't say I care much for it. I've heard some people say it has kind of a Queen vibe and I get where they are coming from, but I've gotta believe people don't listen to Sixx A.M. to hear this (sidenote, I know nothing of their work outside of Life is Beautiful and Lies of the Beautiful People).

Basically a pop anthem song. Sounds like something from that group Fun.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, not a fan at all, and I really liked what SixxAM has put out so far.

The two prior lead singles were much better than this pop fluff...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I didn't really like it at first but I may have started to warm up to it near the end. I'll have to listen again. It is more poppy though for sure, not like their hard rockers they've led their previous albums with.

Lomax wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't really like it at first but I may have started to warm up to it near the end. I'll have to listen again. It is more poppy though for sure, not like their hard rockers they've led their previous albums with.

Yeah. I'm okay with pop once it can grab me and has that drive  and that is in this song so it's probably a grower.

But.

I feel like I heard this song 2 years ago done by a band called fun. and they did it much much better

Skip on to 1 minute in

Lomax wrote:

I've listened to gotta get it right 10 times now... It's addictive.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sounds forced, like a fabricated "Anthem" song from a fabricated "concept" album.  There was an emo band around 2005/2007 that had a seemingly similar song.  Nice fun. reference tho too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As a diehard Queen fan, I can honestly say that I am NOT a big fan of it at all. Nikki seems like he's been on a big Queen kick lately, interviewing the band and fanboying out to them when Adam Lambert performed with them at IHeart and Nikki hosted.

The song really sounds like they are trying to force a Queen anthem-ballad out of themselves, and A) Only Queen can do that, and B) they don't have the talent in the band to pull it off. In several cases I was waiting for James (name?) to hit a few higher notes, like a Lambert or Freddie could do, and he just can't get there. The rest of it sounds forced.

The only part about it I do like is DJ....

Board footer