You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: sp1at thread

sp1at wrote:

Ok, there appears to be an intention of releasing new music next year, so I might start rolling with the Splat thing in the new year.

I'll take a look in January and make a decision then.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Ok, there appears to be an intention of releasing new music next year, so I might start rolling with the Splat thing in the new year.

Sounds good dude. I was thinking  2015 might be the year.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Awesome, I hope it happens.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Awesome news 9 Keep in mind we'll all have our pitchforks at the ready just incase nothing comes to fruition regarding new music in 2015 of course 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Those Vegas/LA Recording sessions tells me we're finally getting the rest of the CD sessions and nothing new from this line up (which doesn't hurt my feelings). Was it 32 songs from the CD sessions that were ready to go? That leaves 18 songs right?

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl mentioned 32 in 2006....Tommy said a few years ago that there were 22 other songs recorded that did not go on Chinese. They definitely have an albums worth of material. There is not a question about that unless you simply choose not to believe what ANYONE in the band says.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Axl mentioned 32 in 2006....Tommy said a few years ago that there were 22 other songs recorded that did not go on Chinese. They definitely have an albums worth of material. There is not a question about that unless you simply choose not to believe what ANYONE in the band says.

The only question I have is whether we'll ever get to hear any of the dozens of additional songs they've recorded over the past two decades.

johndivney wrote:

I choose not to believe.

There is a question & it's why anyone would believe what a bunch of charlatans/bullshitters have to say? You know ur stronger than the lies that they tell u.. wink

Some day the lebeis family & their heirs will make a bit of cash from whatever crap is in 'the vault'. But I don't see anything to be excited about in the near or not so near future.. Hope I'm wrong being such a negative jerk, but I'm never wrong so.. Fuck it all.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That's your take and you're good for it.

For all we know, there appears to be an intention to put new music out. This June, Ax said there's a studio album and the remix album.

They have the would-be product available to them, the only intention relevant to releasing it would be Axl's.

Where does that leave us? Right now, exactly where we started. Axl always had a very, very serious intention to release CD, and he would've had an album from '98/99 onwards. Only took him a decade.

Time will tell, but one thing's for sure. There'll be plenty of time to get excited if the actual prospect for it arises. wink

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

That's your take and you're good for it.

For all we know, there appears to be an intention to put new music out. This June, Ax said there's a studio album and the remix album.

They have the would-be product available to them, the only intention relevant to releasing it would be Axl's.

Where does that leave us? Right now, exactly where we started. Axl always had a very, very serious intention to release CD, and he would've had an album from '98/99 onwards. Only took him a decade.

Time will tell, but one thing's for sure. There'll be plenty of time to get excited if the actual prospect for it arises. wink

What we got going now is a bit like 10 years ago.....uncertain lineup after the departure of Bucket...now, possible departure of Ron and Tommy working with the 'Mats...everything seems up in the air. Good interview with Richie Fortus who recently says they have 3 albums of "material" to choose from. Axl is currently recording some vocals. Yep, quite sure I have heard all this before! Reminds me of Tommy chirping away back in 2004. He learned his lesson and clammed up for the next eight years.

Board footer