You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm hoping for a statement on other gigs. Would like to know before I drop probably more than a grand on Coachella tix and travel expenses.

If you drop a grand to see a non AFD lineup I will pay for your counseling. What a fucking rip off. Slash and Duff is great. Watching them share a stage with Pittman and Frank may make me vomit.

If it's the only shot at seeing Axl and Slash together I have no problems doing it. I have the extra money so it's not a big deal to me. If other dates are in the making I will pass on Coachella. Although a few friends of mine have expressed interest in going not just for guns but other acts on the bill so I may go just to visit friends in Cali and enjoy festival with the added bonus of Slash, Duff, and Axl.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm hoping for a statement on other gigs. Would like to know before I drop probably more than a grand on Coachella tix and travel expenses.

If you drop a grand to see a non AFD lineup I will pay for your counseling. What a fucking rip off. Slash and Duff is great. Watching them share a stage with Pittman and Frank may make me vomit.

If it's the only shot at seeing Axl and Slash together I have no problems doing it. I have the extra money so it's not a big deal to me. If other dates are in the making I will pass on Coachella. Although a few friends of mine have expressed interest in going not just for guns but other acts on the bill so I may go just to visit friends in Cali and enjoy festival with the added bonus of Slash, Duff, and Axl.

You are better off going to see them at Coachella for a few reasons.  One you can see a lot of good bands and not just GNR.  Two it will be the first reunion show of the band so it will be extra huge and special.  And three its one of the best chances you have that Izzy and maybe even Adler will play .  If Izzy is only going to play a couple of shows,  i could see Coachella  being one of them. And finally, go see them just incase they break up again before the end of the tour. lol

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

It's not a real reunion without teddy zig zag big bag andreas.

Or tracy and roberta.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm surprised you, and others, are so opposed to any members outside of the original 5 being included. Surely you could see the reasons for Steven and Izzy not to be included, even Matt and Gilby. I would think Izzy and Adler will make an appearance here or there. I think the inclusion of newer members is a better sign in terms of new music coming out or being worked on. If it was an original 5 reunion it'd be all about the past IMO.

This way, we get a little bit of both. I'd love for Izzy to be involved, but it doesn't seem he's up for the task full time. Slash is the one guy who matters for me and a majority of others. Duff is an added bonus. I honestly could care less who's on drums. I'd prefer Kushner not be the 3rd guitarist because it makes little sense to me. But as long as Axl and Slash are on stage together, that's all I really care about.

AtariLegend wrote:
skippy wrote:

It's not a real reunion without teddy zig zag big bag andreas.

Or tracy and roberta.

Funny you say that. I feel bad for the people who went to those UYI shows and never got to see "the real GNR".

Hidden Text:

That's sarcasm.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Despite it being debated to death over the years a reunion always seemed so unlikely we never really considered the mechanics of it in reality.

Adler is not really up to it and Izzy doesn't want to do it (I'm guessing, I'm sure if he wanted in he could be). This is a GNR reunion in the real world, basically the 3 UYI survivors. Make no mistake this will be all about Slash, Axl and Duff, the remaining guys (whoever they may be) will be lucky to have a sentence dedicated between them when the first show reviews are written.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

All due respect mate but in the last couple of days the above statement is the only thing we've seen from you in different forms.
I understand it's not what you dreamed of but come on already.
Slash and Duff are back.
Read that sentence again.

Yes, we would all love to see the big 5 back together but let's be realistic here. The hybrid is the most realistic way this band will go on.
A couple of shows where Adler gets to play with Izzy guesting here and there.
It is what it is.

Or maybe you want Velvet Revolver on one side and Finck butchering the intro to Welcome to the Jungle on the other.
I'm sure those were good times. Oh, wait, let's not forget there's 52 Tuesdays left in 2016 wink

Slash posted his GNR pic on Facebook not even 24 hours ago and we're back to this.

Come on.

/rant

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Oooh, I forgot about Fred Coury.

We need him in the mix too.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I dropped a grand to see Axl, Robin, Richard, BBF, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, and Chris in New York back in 2006.

I'd do it again too.

Will you pay for my counseling?   finck   

My wife thinks I need it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

People are bitching about a bloated lineup like they've never seen the fuckin UYI DVDs before. The only people that mattered on that stage were Duff, Slash, and Axl, and I'm pretty fuckin content to be seeing them on stage together again.

Yes. The only thing that really matters is Duff and Slash. It seems like we're moving the goal posts here when we used to always debate Slash being back in the band and that's who Axl needed. I don't remember too many Adler debates. The guys rejoined the band. Plain and simple. Everyone and their mother should have known Axl was never going to reunite the original or UYI lineup.

Not only is Slash back, he is going to be playing on new material with Axl. Awesome stuff. Its a band, not a cash grab tour.

Board footer