You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: For the tour - Rules SG would have in place

monkeychow wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Richard is fucking pitchy as hell on those bends... what's up with that?

Interesting...makes me wonder if there's foldback/sound issues for the guys.

If they can't hear themselves well it might explain a lot of this.

I'm expecting better things at the next couple of shows - it could be specific to the coachella set up - after all everything on the Saturday night in vegas is pretty awesome.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I never doubted SG's car wash story. I didn't know whether to believe Bunton was really in the know, or Adler for that matter. At the very least, that was their hope for what would happen. And I do hear the faster pace, it is apparent. But it doesn't necessarily sound bad to me, just different. It's possible they sped up the pace for Coachella since they had a strict curfew to adhere to. It's possible. I have read on non GNR boards people complain about Frank too. But at the same time, they want to see Adler, Sorum, Izzy, Gilby, etc. So it's possible Frank could be getting more shit for who he isn't instead of how he plays. But, a lot of people are saying it, so maybe something is clearly there. I don't hear it though.

The following is said in jest and is not to be taken too seriously.
SG had a campaign to get Pitman fired. Somehow he pulled it off. His next target is Frank, to open the door for Steven and/or Matt. Then, Richard better watch out. He's on a mission! 4

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Is this the faster tempo? It doesn't sound like Frank's the one pushing them to play faster.

I'm late, I can't see the first video anymore, but the second video starts when the song is already well on its way and I can't hear Slash coming in fast... Do you have another example?

More importantly though (PC doesn't suffer from being played a little bit quicker), in this second clip here, it seem like Slash is incredibly low in the mix, and Richard is fucking pitchy as hell on those bends... what's up with that?

Fortus was louder much of the time in Vegas as well. Many have said this you had to strain to hear Slash at times and Richard was crystal clear.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Does anyone think Axl being seated and kind of out of sight on stage has any effect on timings and song speeds etc?

I only say this because I remember seeing an interview with Queen saying how doing the tribute show without Freddie would be hard because they took a lot of visual cues from him for songs, like a conductor and without him there it would be very strange. Axl is obviously there but not front, centre and he's invisible to Frank. I just wonder if that has any impact? I've never played a musical instrument in my life so it might be conplete nonesense but if Axl has a similar importance to GNR that Freddie did to Queen his immobility might be a factor?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

I never doubted SG's car wash story. I didn't know whether to believe Bunton was really in the know, or Adler for that matter. At the very least, that was their hope for what would happen. And I do hear the faster pace, it is apparent. But it doesn't necessarily sound bad to me, just different. It's possible they sped up the pace for Coachella since they had a strict curfew to adhere to. It's possible. I have read on non GNR boards people complain about Frank too. But at the same time, they want to see Adler, Sorum, Izzy, Gilby, etc. So it's possible Frank could be getting more shit for who he isn't instead of how he plays. But, a lot of people are saying it, so maybe something is clearly there. I don't hear it though.

The following is said in jest and is not to be taken too seriously.
SG had a campaign to get Pitman fired. Somehow he pulled it off. His next target is Frank, to open the door for Steven and/or Matt. Then, Richard better watch out. He's on a mission! 4

Lol Faldor. Haha. I do try to be objective and I think you as well!

I think it is the ear piece monitor situation that the Mole so eloquently described yesterday. When you can't hear good your bends and timing suffer. I say fuck the ear pieces and go back to wedges. Or do both. But something is up.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Does anyone think Axl being seated and kind of out of sight on stage has any effect on timings and song speeds etc?

I only say this because I remember seeing an interview with Queen saying how doing the tribute show without Freddie would be hard because they took a lot of visual cues from him for songs, like a conductor and without him there it would be very strange. Axl is obviously there but not front, centre and he's invisible to Frank. I just wonder if that has any impact? I've never played a musical instrument in my life so it might be conplete nonesense but if Axl has a similar importance to GNR that Freddie did to Queen his immobility might be a factor?

I'd say that's entirely possible. Someone (Gagarin) mentioned before that they didn't rehearse with Axl seated, so these are in essence rehearsals themselves. Could certainly have an effect, and take some getting used to. Hopefully he'll be back on his feet and the band will be firing on all cylinders come this summer.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

they have three shows together and you're complaining about things not being perfect 16
how about giving them some time?
the conspirators have been playing together for years and probably rehearsing a whole lot.
the rock hall of fame, anybody can pull off a couple of songs for one night only.
plus, i bet that axl wasn't at many of those rehearsals with gnr.
'patience is a virtue and...'

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
supaplex wrote:

they have three shows together and you're complaining about things not being perfect 16

Yeah but it was three fairly important gigs! Like your 20+ year reunion that the world has been waiting for, and then headlining one of the most successful festivals in the world.

Doesn't seem like the kinda shows you should just ease your way into as a band!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
supaplex wrote:

Yeah but it was three fairly important gigs! Like your 20+ year reunion that the world has been waiting for, and then headlining one of the most successful festivals in the world.

Doesn't seem like the kinda shows you should just ease your way into as a band!

Not to mention the hundreds to THOUSANDS of dollars people are paying to see a world class production.  I think production of the shows has been killer as far as the big screens and images etc.

The mix needs work... Fortus is too loud too often as are the drums..

There quirks should be worked out by now, but for sure by the main tour dates starting in Detroit.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

....it's Frank.

He's not letting the songs fucking breathe. at ALL. Plus he's overplaying the fuck outta the shit. Thinkin' he's Neil fucking Peart. I previously could have taken or left him, but he's gotta hang back and play the songs the right way.

Axl giving Nu Guns the green light to play the songs their way was then.... Now it's fucking with everything.

Play the shit right, homie. If you think Adler can't learn how to play Coma, This I Love and The Seeker, you're high. And he'd do it for half of your salary and you'd never be able to wipe the grin off of his face for the rest of his days on Earth.

Board footer