You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 105 page PDF (document from The Chairman) LEAK

Sky Dog wrote:

The other theory is robin Richard and Tommy didn’t think another guitar player was needed which in turn led up to Tommy almost getting kicked out over it. I am going to go with this as it was well known they didn’t want Bumble in the band.

James
 Rep: 625 

James wrote:

Absolutely. Plan B was thrown together Willy nilly at the last second....and it shows. A guitarist who doesn't know the songs, a canceled GH 2 that had nothing but old guns material, and ZERO promotion of the CD era during that tour.

Look at the other side of the fence when plan A collapsed.......VR thrown together again Willy nilly with a mediocre album and then quick implosion.

Halfin and Weiland were right....it was reunion time in 2005. Fans misinterpreted the comments.

It was gonna be the hybrid reunion ten years early.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Finck (maybe)
Fortus
Pitman
Brain

I'd love to see the alternate 2006 with that lineup touring and putting the finishing touches on CD.

James
 Rep: 625 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The other theory is robin Richard and Tommy didn’t think another guitar player was needed which in turn led up to Tommy almost getting kicked out over it. I am going to go with this as it was well known they didn’t want Bumble in the band.

A Slash-less GNR thinking another guitarist isn't needed....

How cute.  lol

I don't think it was almost....he was out... for a moment anyways.

The pieces were falling into place. Something went wrong....very wrong.

Sky Dog wrote:

It’s still wrong even with Slash. They just play MSG and Giants Stadium instead of Hammerstein. Exactly the same amount of officially released new music. None. 2

FlashFlood
 Rep: 47 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Absolutely. Plan B was thrown together Willy nilly at the last second....and it shows. A guitarist who doesn't know the songs, a canceled GH 2 that had nothing but old guns material, and ZERO promotion of the CD era during that tour.

Look at the other side of the fence when plan A collapsed.......VR thrown together again Willy nilly with a mediocre album and then quick implosion.

Halfin and Weiland were right....it was reunion time in 2005. Fans misinterpreted the comments.

It was gonna be the hybrid reunion ten years early.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Finck (maybe)
Fortus
Pitman
Brain

I'd love to see the alternate 2006 with that lineup touring and putting the finishing touches on CD.

I’m going to guess (wildly) that Finck wouldn’t have been a part of it. He ended up only sticking around for 06/07 anyway. The idea of Slash splitting leads just doesn’t seem plausible - not just splitting the musical part but the title of “lead guitar player of Guns N’ Roses.” And why Robin would want any part, full well knowing they were going to playing material he had worked on for 8 years at that point, I don’t see it. I also don’t buy DJ saying he was invited to participate in the NITL tour. He may have got a “hey you can come down and jam in our rehearsal and we’ll see how it goes” and just exaggerated for publicity.

I think Fortus was always going to be the permanent rhythm guitarist in any reunion. Izzy could have been involved in some capacity but certainly not permanent.

Board footer