You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I seriously doubt he even knows what tictok really is. That conspiracy theory is pure tinfoil stupidity. A lot of people have been calling for a ban,especially people he listens to like Tucker, along with the allied leaders he gets along with.

It’s pretty low on the list of issues right now regardless...and it’s not like he isn’t prone to that pettiness.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Watch the hypocrites come out in favor of approving Trump’s pick less than 2 months before an election .... 3 .... 2 .... 1 ....

AtariLegend wrote:

r.i.p.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Watch the hypocrites come out in favor of approving Trump’s pick less than 2 months before an election .... 3 .... 2 .... 1 ....

Of course...never miss an opportunity to do the wrong thing because it benefits you in the moment.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So was Obama fucked over with Garland or wasn’t he?  Do we follow the Biden rule or don’t we?  McConnell would be a hypocrite if he held a vote, but all of you who condemned 2016 should believe Trump gets to replace RBG like you believed Obama got to replace Scalia. Who are the hypocrites and partisans here?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Right on time, Flagg, er, I mean Rocky ....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So was Obama fucked over with Garland or wasn’t he?  Do we follow the Biden rule or don’t we?  McConnell would be a hypocrite if he held a vote, but all of you who condemned 2016 should believe Trump gets to replace RBG like you believed Obama got to replace Scalia. Who are the hypocrites and partisans here?

This is absurd hyperbole....you know the stakes are enormous here. Only one side being honorable and ethical while the other side bends the rules past the point of breaking.

You’re saying one side is the hypocrite because we’re asking MConnell and the republicans to be consistent with their own rules?!

I mean...for real?!?

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is absurd hyperbole....you know the stakes are enormous here. Only one side being honorable and ethical while the other side bends the rules past the point of breaking.

You’re saying one side is the hypocrite because we’re asking MConnell and the republicans to be consistent with their own rules?!

I mean...for real?!?

No, I’m saying if you were consistent you’d believe Trump gets to replace RBG. If you were a hyper partisan with no real conviction or belief, you’d argue whatever was convenient at the time.

I didn’t support McConnell’s actions in 2016, and I don’t support a vote now.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Right on time, Flagg, er, I mean Rocky ....

Can you explain why you’re voting for Biden without referencing Trump?  Are you capable of pointing to an actual policy difference or ideology?

Board footer