You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Woman in the Window - Not impressed... probably the worst Amy Adams movie I've watched yet.

It looked to be a semi Rear Window remake...and it sorta was.

It runs in place for too long...the twist happens 2/3 into the movie to try to throw you off track...and the climax sucks.

Hollywood just can't make good movies in this genre anymore.

Ladybugs - Surprised to see this on Amazon...had to watch it. Always loved it and that dressing room scene might be the funniest scene from any of his movies.

No way in hell could this film be made in today's world.

Rage and Glory- Foreign film from 1984....Rona De Ricci's first film. Was only gonna skim through the movie for her scenes but got into it. It's set before the end of WWII with Israelis fighting their British occupiers. It was pretty good... might watch it again in case Amazon eventually pulls it from streaming.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Dune.

Never read the book or saw the previous movie or tv shows. But damn did I enjoy this movie. Very excited it’s going to have its sequel made.

Many Saints of Newark.

Disappointed with this. Acting was fantastic, but the story was all over the place. They marketed this as a coming of age story on how Tony gets in the mafia, and while that part is true if not forced, it’s a small part of the film. Chase can blame a release on HBO all he wants, but he missed an opportunity with this.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can't believe I forgot all of these

Nightmare Before Christmas
Babe
Dances with Wolves

Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my all time favourites. Kids have it on every halloween

James

James wrote:

Castaway - I finally got around to watching this. It was better than I thought it would be but it falls apart when he gets off the island.

I didn't find his handling of his fiancee moving on without him so quickly believable.  He should've been enraged. He wasn't. I guess they didn't want to risk pissing off audiences by having Hanks appear unlikeable for even one scene.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Conjuring 3. One of the worst horror films ever made.

Heredity was fantastic. Disturbing in a way horror films were before The Conjuring.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I finally got around to watching avengers infinity war and endgame ... meh

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

I finally got around to watching avengers infinity war and endgame ... meh

misterID

misterID wrote:

I've only seen one Avenger film. I really don't like Marvel, but the Spiderman films are fantwstic, though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Leonardo DiCaprio will be playing Jim Jones in a new film. This could be a quality horror film of they make it a biography of his whole life.

James

James wrote:

I watched Bad Boys...the Sean Penn movie. I hadn't watched it since childhood. Pretty damn good but Sean Penn running the joint wasn't realistic. They should've hired smaller actors as convicts.

Board footer