You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: SOG single coming?

gavgnr wrote:

A poster on mygnr has spoken with a higher up at Spotify and says the search results definitely mean something is cooking. Anyone know how far in advance acts upload songs/metadata info to streaming services? Can’t help but think a release has to be close rather than months away based on what Spotify is doing

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

We’ve waited for CD II longer than we’ve waited for CD.

Stay of Execution was a good album name. Axl just doesn’t give a shit.

I always liked the implicit pun there – with Axl fending off record company suits who wanted him to reunite with the OG line-up, the album was literally a "stay of execution" for the CD-era band.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scabbie wrote:

I have to say, I do like the idea of a UYI 3 album, released simulatenously with the box set. But, like always it's too good to be true.

I'd like a UYI III if it was written and recorded with the current line-up. Slapping some overdubs on Chinese Democracy-era demos and then cynically branding it as a follow-up to one of their most iconic albums is a bit fucking cheeky in my book. I want to hear what Fortus and Slash come up with in jam sessions where they write and record as a coherent unit.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I have to say, I do like the idea of a UYI 3 album, released simulatenously with the box set. But, like always it's too good to be true.

I'd like a UYI III if it was written and recorded with the current line-up. Slapping some overdubs on Chinese Democracy-era demos and then cynically branding it as a follow-up to one of their most iconic albums is a bit fucking cheeky in my book. I want to hear what Fortus and Slash come up with in jam sessions where they write and record as a coherent unit.

Don't disagree. They'll need another 10 years to write and record though!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well, Slash did an interview on Eddie Trunk's show today and confirmed the following:

He expects over the next few months GN'R to release 2-3 batches of 1 or 2 songs at a time of reheated CD tracks. He confirmed when speaking about releasing stuff that this wasn't the UYI box stuff and was the reworked CD songs. He wasn't sure himself about how many songs they did, it sounds like it's anywhere from 3-6 more CD leftovers.

He also said that his plan is to start writing a brand new GN'R album after a tour next Summer.

So shit is happening... eventually.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

Releases are getting slotted meaning GN'R releases are being lined up?

Yeah I’d like to know the answer to this too

Sorry for the delay. It's just what Slash said, the label and management have planned releases. The delay is caused by the backlog caused by covid. As before, although summer dates are planned, the online German and Oslo dates are fake. It's supposedly a wham bam tour, minimal dates in the countries concerned.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seems Axl was sick through that whole last tour. Dude needs to rest.

The label sure does like to sit on GN’R music

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

For gods sake release a song for the Asian tour...

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Releases are getting slotted meaning GN'R releases are being lined up?

Yeah I’d like to know the answer to this too

Sorry for the delay. It's just what Slash said, the label and management have planned releases. The delay is caused by the backlog caused by covid. As before, although summer dates are planned, the online German and Oslo dates are fake. It's supposedly a wham bam tour, minimal dates in the countries concerned.

GN'R are rumoured for the last day of Pinkpop, to make up for the cancelled concert in 2020

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

Efestivals have changed the status for GNR and Arctic Monkeys to TBC for Glastonbury, they tend to know the headliners, so it looks like the text was right. There are also other stories around in other European countries of GNR playing, so it looks like dates are getting booked. Still nothing from the record label about future releases

Board footer