You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: SLASH Says we should be making an announcement sometime in January

Jesus, I wonder could it actually be Chester Bennington? IIRC Slash or Duff made some reference to not wanting to poach him from Linkin Park and his solo project; now the solo project's over and done with, he could have the time to spare… Are LP active or recording atm?

He's been my top choice from the outset, it'd be awesome if he got the gig.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they are touring NA from jan 20 thru end of feb then they have a gig in the UK in March

and they are billing it as a world tour and have been on the road since october

http://www.linkinpark.com/main/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Thousand_Suns_Tour

elevendayempire

Arse. Oh well. Probably Corey Taylor, then.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

stone sour is currently touring into march as well sad

http://www.stonesour.com/tourdates

elevendayempire

Well, who the fuck is it, then? smile

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well slash is tied up through the end of feb as well touring with Ozzy so maybe it doesnt matter 16

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Was thinkin... Did Soundgarden flop ?  Would be interesting! Hes younger? Alot stronger than Scot! They toured together in GnR, Chck out this revamp of Chris Cornell - Billie jean (acoustic live)
[youtube]c2MgwAJrfXo&feature=related[/youtube]

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I would love that, but he's not younger. He's older than Scott and Slash, and the same age as Duff. He's 46.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Michale Graves!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Was thinkin... Did Soundgarden flop ?  Would be interesting! Hes younger?

I dunno...it would seem odd cos didn't they just relaunch last year or something?

It would be interesting. It could go either way. To me cornell is one of those 50/50 songwriters - in that when he writes a song I like I damn well love it....but at the same time....sometimes I hear a song of his and it just doesn't do anything for me. Not to sound like lars, but some of them are sort of 'stock' to me.

For example he has some killer bad ass chops vocals both in Audioslave and Soundgaren.

When he went on slash's album I was hoping for a "Show me How to Live" or a "Slaves and Bulldozers" both of which I love...but the song he did with slash I thought was one of the more forgetable tracks....and that's comming from me that loves both him and slash and that album. But i just didn't get it.

So i dunno. I feel  together they may make an album that was killer and would be reminisicant on a musical intensity level of having Axl in the band. Or they may made something that doesn't speak to me.

Although I must say I drool at the thought of how good the good ones would be....imagine audioslave with slash style guitr solos....or the screams...I'd actually love to see cornel in a more classic rock setting...although he tends to favour more effects driven experimental guitar sounds in audioslave and soundgarden I guess.

I dunno it's an interesting idea. I'd written it off cos I thought soundgarden was back...but i guess it's still possible.

It would definately boost the band from a cred point of view. Much like how VR was painted as GNR+STP - imagine what cornell with slash full time would be in the media!

Board footer