You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

AtariLegend wrote:

This is probably the last big trailer.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Hope Jonathan Pryce and his group eats it early. They ruin the KL story lines.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Hope Jonathan Pryce and his group eats it early. They ruin the KL story lines.

More like the show writers ruin the KL storylines tongue.

I'm sure this was mentioned before, but in the books Tommen is like 8 or there about (but they aged him up in the show, hoping they could get Natalie Dormer naked for sex scenes), so it's obviously impossible for him and Margery to consummate the marriage. Margery was previously married to Renly who was gay and Joffery who died on his wedding day, so she's basically a maiden queen on her 3rd marriage for political reasons.

Anyway Cerseri is crazy and she doesn't randomly accuse Lorras of being gay, because no one would care. Lorras isn't getting it on with gay prostitutes either (show writers put that in so they could say "look naked men too"). She accuses Margery of being unfaithful which gets her locked up, not randomly for speaking out at Loras's arrest (as happens last season for no logical reason). The problem is, Cerseri's the one sleeping around with her servants (who just happen to work for Littlefinger). Anyway Cerseri gets found out and that's why she's arrested. Her plan to arm the Faith Militant backfires spectacularly and Cerseri is left facing a trial by combat after her walk and Margery a trial of her own.

If either lose the trial they end up killed. If Margery losses though, King's Landing just happens to be filled with the Tyrell's army (so in other words there will be blood). Cerseri on the otherhand was stupid and the bulk of the Lannister army is with Jamie somewhere else.

They're afraid to write Cerseri as the compete Disney villain she is in the books. Instead she needs to be some sort of strong "feminist" character.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That sounds a distance more interesting than what we saw on screen. And Pryce doesn't help it. Every role he plays I see him as a creep. Kill now.

AtariLegend wrote:

They're afraid to write Cerseri as the compete Disney villain she is in the books. Instead she needs to be some sort of strong "feminist" character.

A common trend these days. The result is you neither hate her or love her. She's neutered character.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea in book 4 as Cersei's story unfolds I could help but root against her ... it's like "welp karma's a bitch and so are you...too bad, so sad"

also missing from the show is Jamie's complete abandonment of his sister ... which I found kind of unfortunate

AtariLegend wrote:

We're still to get some version of AFFC material next season

Hidden Text:

the siege of river run at least and possibly Jamie realizing what kind of person Cerseri is

I don't think it's going to make as much sense in the context of the show though.

AtariLegend wrote:

Promo ahead of the start of the season on Sunday.

fyi I think the shots from 0:15-0:16 should be used in the tourism videos for this country.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

fyi I think the shots from 0:15-0:16 should be used in the tourism videos for this country.

Haha yea they definitely capture the spirit of the place! Definitely, if you want to see what Northern Ireland is like without having to get wet n cold, watch GoT.
Lovely day today tho. Weather wise. Still the same old shite pissing me off mind. Week's gotten off to an awful start.

AtariLegend wrote:

Spoilers leaked, but I've thought better than to post links to them tongue.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

No first 4 episodes leaked this time then?

Board footer