You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

monkeychow wrote:

Nice to have the show back - been a long year!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"Selfish bitch" was way worse than "bad pussy." What were they trying to accomplish with that line? Make a funny one liner when it was supposed to be a pretty heavy scene?

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

"Selfish bitch" was way worse than "bad pussy." What were they trying to accomplish with that line? Make a funny one liner when it was supposed to be a pretty heavy scene?

My complaint was about how the Sandsnakes the girls... there just casually murdered their own cousin/uncle (Royal Family). It makes no sense, there is no logical reason.

Ellaria's logic was supposed to be getting revenge for Oberyn's death, she just killed Oberyn's family.

As for dialogue complaints, the Dothraki bro talk was much worse. Do you really think they'd be using bro talk to talk about anal, her pubic hair and using the word "pussy". It's just silly.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I like how Theon magically penetrates armor with a sword and also how the hounds just vanish.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The further away they get from the books and do shit on their own the worse the writing is. But really, the different plotlines feel completely disassociated from each other in regards to quality.

I took a break to get a drink during the bro talk.

And yeah, SG is right, the hounds disappearing was something I noticed but let slide, just like Brienne showing up at the right time to save the day... I let it slide because I like these characters and their storylines, but that whole scene was sloppy as shit.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I guess it's extremely difficult to film and write a show.

As difficult as it is for actors to reinvent ( some never do).

As it is difficult for musicians to write songs and play them without errors due to knowing them too well.

I was quite pleased with Ellaria.

Someone will have to take care of Kings landing and I guess dorne will do just that.

we have been introduced to her daughters as both murderous and  playful.

They are just that when they kill their cousin.

Danaerys and the dothrakis.

Difficult to portray the cavaliers. They have no respect for women and even less for the ones taken on the road.

The language is a bit contemporary, but the idea of men insulting a slave and talking gruesome sex in front of her is what a lot of men dos and still do.

I could believe the ring thing.

maybe because my father found the wedding ring my mother had thrown in the snow ?

but all the same, Jorah notices a circle that's darkened by a hord and an untouched grass in the middle.

Should something shine ON the grass, he'd look. And find.

Reek and Sansa.

Didnt get hold up by the armor thing or the hounds.

I was more interested in squire killing his first and Brienne finally able to fulfill her promise to Cathelyn Stark.

i found that the emotion was def there in Bri's eyes.

The boltons and Sansa didn't interest me. The Sansa character gets up my nose. To me, she is just a psychopathic kid.

Melisandre and Nights watch

Obviously, one is gone to get the wildlings and I could bet Melisandre gives up her youth so she can die that night of old age and trade her life for Jon's.

can't wait to see what the wildlings will do to castle black.

more over, they will all leave the wall without protection and the white walkers will come in.

I also cant wait to see if the Tyrion theory that he is a dragon master ( there are 3, one for each dragon ) is true or not once he frees them.

There are many interesting things to come if you pass small technical details.

I personally write and it's extremely difficult to pick up where you left it and for them, it's even worse since there are more than one writer.

GOT is a huge popular and commercial success and I am sure the actors are glad they got involved in the first place.

AtariLegend wrote:

Jessica, have you read all 5 books? I seen you mention before that you were reading the first book again, not long ago.

the_real_jessica wrote:

I was quite pleased with Ellaria.

I prefer her in the books. She's a pacfist that only shows up two or three times after Oberyn's death and 1 of them is to give a speech to the sand snakes... about how the cycle of violence should be ended. She doesn't want another war tongue.

I agree though, I think is just a faster way for the show writters to have Dorne march against King's Landing.

Hidden Text:

In the books though it'll be Arianne Martel with Aegon.

It still doesn't make sense in the show though.

the_real_jessica wrote:

if the Tyrion theory that he is a dragon master ( there are 3, one for each dragon )

I don't like that. Don't think Tyrion will be one in the books. People assume that, because he's one of the 3 most popular characters in the story with Jon/Danny. I think it's a better story, if Tyrion is someone who has a great journey and plays a big role that just happens to be a dwarf. Not everyone has to be special or secretly a Targaryen.

I think Jon will be resurrected either next episode or by episode 3.

Hidden Text:

Episode 3 is called Oathbreaker, so I guess it'll explore how Jon gets out off his night's watch vows to march south against Ramsay.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I have read the books and the one prior to their era.

But my mind has totally separated the two.

There is no confusion at all. Or crossovers.

The characters I watch, I watch as if they were other people ?

Does it make sense ?

AtariLegend wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Does it make sense ?

Yes. As long as you admit the books were better tongue. j/k

In fairness though, the quality of the show in the earlier seasons is what got me to read through the books in the first place. So credit as far as that goes.

It's also filmed here tongue. It's this countries biggest export, outside of sectarianism.

Board footer