You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

jamester wrote:

Monkey gnr is gonna do whatever AXL wants wen ever AXL is ready regardless of anything anybody does.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

I never said Sic just "copied and pasted" the stuff. Compiling and editing that stuff is serious work and I've always admired this site for it.

my apologies for the misunderstanding then smile

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

from HGTH
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=61491.0   
FALSE: GN'R to play top secret show on Saturday (February 5th) ?
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »

Ok, besides all bullshit running on other foruns and etc, we have this rumour getting stronger and now we have a "real" source. Keep in mind this is just a rumour, right now.

QuickDFW.com

Step 6

Saturday, Feb. 5: Look at photos from last night. Yes, that's you sharing an ice luge shot with Paula Abdul. It's time to vie for a daytime spot on the Primo's patio. Good luck. And once night falls, watch out: Things could get slippery. It's a little overwhelming and nearly impossible to plan, but you'll be able to throw a rock and hit a party. The Maxim shindig is going to be lunacy and they've got some super-secret, top-notch musical performance planned ... cross your fingers for Guns N' Roses. For those inclined to a more rowdy local scene, head to the Dubliner and check out Boys Named Sue. (Had to do it, right?)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:12:28 AM by jarmo »    

Legend
Re: FALSE: GN'R to play top secret show on Saturday (February 5th) ?
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 01:13:04 AM »

FALSE!
/jarmo

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
-D- wrote:

oh yeah, to justify the time i've wasted on these forums over the years, u are damn right i wanna know all of it. give me all the dirt.

That's the root of a lot of fans problems right there!

They feel they are owed something! It's like certain people don't have free will. Like you somehow, magically, got hypnotized into spending years and years drooling over your keyboards...

FUCK!!! Somebody's gotta pay! Right?

-D- wrote:

he made Robin's TIL solo EPIC which is a fucking miracle up there with Moses parting the Red sea.

Wow!

DJ's version of TIL solo is not bad. He tried to play it like Robin the first times, but couldn't. So he made a generic, easy-listening version and robbed the solo of the tearfull, desperate crying which lifts the studio version of the song up there with best of the best!

Period!!!  (imo)  smile

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Naltav wrote:
-D- wrote:

oh yeah, to justify the time i've wasted on these forums over the years, u are damn right i wanna know all of it. give me all the dirt.

That's the root of a lot of fans problems right there!

They feel they are owed something! It's like certain people don't have free will. Like you somehow, magically, got hypnotized into spending years and years drooling over your keyboards...

FUCK!!! Somebody's gotta pay! Right?

It's not a matter of a sense of entitlement. No one is saying they condone the manner in which the information was obtained, but it's unrealistic to think that anyone isn't excited to learn more about the saga. It's why we're here.

If MSL hadn't have come out this week with this, no one would be crying about a lack of updates. The boards would be dead like they were the past few months.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ's re-design of the TIL solo is better than Robin, but not by miles. Bottom line is the guitar should've never really been there in the first place. I still prefer my remix which put the guitar in the back and brought the orchestra up.

As for this situation.... gay.... is about the only word that comes to mind. You've got two fuckin' nobody's fighting over territory over who's gonna get to blow their load first on the girl's face. I could care less.

Now i've busted the balls of the GN'R camp MANY times, and sitting back bickering with those in the inner circle, or calling names, or just doing dickish internet things we all do for the drama of it all.... that's one thing.

But if all of this information was acquired by hacking Beta's e-mail, file sites, or the bands. That is BEYOND unethical, something I want no part of, and frankly I extend a hand of sympathy towards (suddenly I feel so dirty).

That is T-total bullshit. Do I want to know the dirt? Yeah, to an EXTENT. I wouldn't be a fan if I said no. But do I want people's private lives hacked through like it's fuckin' TMZ - no thx. I respect these people far too much IN THE BAND.

As far as i'm concerned, MSL has lost ALOT of integrity and ALOT of credibility with this whole thing. Amazingly how quickly something can change within a night. And why do I believe Dark about the e-mail shit.... because people don't just leave this shit lying around.

As for DJ & Ron.... it's simple. DJ is payed more, like he should be, because he's 'higher profile', and probably negotiated from a position of power. Ron did not. He was an absolute nobody, as much as I love him, and simply jumped on the 2006 train as it left the station, and they gave him a couple of farthings for his time.

The highest paid guys in GN'R right now should be Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris. Why? Because in addition to seniority, they also have song credits which pay them extra. Bucket & Brain aren't even IN the band anymore, and probably got payed out more than Ron & Frank, simply because of this.

Bam, big whoop. Wow, I just cracked a mystery. Thx MSL. And you might've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

SCOOBY DOOBY DOOOOO!!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As for DJ & Ron.... it's simple. DJ is payed more, like he should be, because he's 'higher profile', and probably negotiated from a position of power. Ron did not.

True..but then I look at it like this: Shouldn't the pay be commensurate with ability and not with existing fame. I mean afterall, in the absense of the AFD crew, the general public doesn't really care who the hell is up there other than Axl.

Lets pretend DJ refused to go on stage one night. I think Ron could basicly play DJ's parts by ear. Now imagine the show without Ron - who exactly is going to do all those buckethead runs?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There are others out there that can do Bucket's stuff. Axl just might have to go to the "melodic rock circle" to find some of those guys.

And i'm sure that in 2002, Robin was payed more than Bucket, simply because of NIN.

Ability can play a part, when your BUILDING a band. But Guns N' Roses, despite the way Axl looks at it, is a pre-existing brand name. It's audience is pre-built in, and Axl's compiling pieces from other sectors to make a bigger and better band, just like re-casting a popular TV show for a revamp.

This whole thing is like baseball. Just because you might have a younger guy on the bench who can hit just as well or better than the everyday veteran, doesn't mean the everyday "washed up" veteran, doesn't still score the bigger payday.

DJ is a bigger name. Thus, his contract is negotiated from a better position of power.

Ron could play the game, and go "you know you can't replace me, 'cause Bucket's not coming back. I want DJ's salary or I walk".

He walks, he waits, they call back. But he's got to actually DO IT, to see if it's a good poker hand. If it doesn't work... well... somedays your the windshield, somedays you're the bug.

Sincerely,

J.R. Ewing

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This is bascially where I am with GNR

I am a fan

Im not apart of the band, Im not kin to them, I don't even know them. SO i sure as fuck will not feel sorry for them if they were irresponsible or dumb enough to leave shit out to be hacked.
thats the major problem at HTGTH and other sites.. people act like they are married to the guys or some shit.

its interesting, intriguing to read the inner workings of one of the greatest trainwreck/mindfucks in rock n roll history. I'll read that shit and i could give a fuck how its obtained.

Board footer