You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:

I never said I wasn't on top of things. I've only been online one other time in 2011 but like I said, I came online tonight and saw this thread and  THOUGHT I was interested so I started reading, realized I don't give a flying fuck about the drama so I stopped. Unbelievable that you guys lack the common sense to be able to comprehend that. Unbelievable that you losers conveniently leave out the entire part where I said there was a time when I was very interested in this stuff, so of course I know what's been going on but in this case sorry to burst your bubbles but I stopped reading on the second page of this thread because I realized I don't care. So NO I don't know about this and I don't care about this.  Fucking idiots.

I was only teasing but glad to see you get your frustration out 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Buzz is still on karma patrol, bono. Watch out wink

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

It seems that MSL is losing a lot of favor in respect in the GNR community.  There was a time when he was revered buy many for getting us the leaks.  But I think he's crossed a line this time.  Not many people are on his side in the one and for the first time in awhile, fans are in a way rallying around the band.  As much as people want to complain about their "mis"treatment of the fans over the years, not even they deserve this.

Well now, that's a real double edged sword for me. Please don't misunderstand, I in NO WAY think what this guy is doing is right. BUT (and I've said this a ton) if GNR did anything like a normal band does, the door wouldn't be open for this type of stuff to occur.

Who defines what is normal though?  Obviously the GNR situation is unlike any that there's ever been and it certainly hasn't been all that fan friendly over the years, but I don't agree with the line of thinking that they brought this upon themselves.  Lots of bands have done things to piss fans off but I don't see Van Halen fans hacking band members e-mail accounts and demanding Michael Anthony be allowed back in the band.  Velvet Revolver fans aren't making similar demands that they find a lead singer.  How about Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin re-uniting.  Don't those fans deserve that?

NO!  You get what you get.  If Axl and GNR want to work at a snails pace.  If they want to treat their fans in what some view as negative, that's their choice.  And it's our choice to accept it or say F off!  It's not our right to go and steal top secret information from them and distribute it accordingly.  I don't care how badly you think GNR is run.  Things have gotten way out of hand somewhere along the line and it needs to stop or this band will have absolutely no chance at returning to any bit of normalcy.  The divide between band and fans will just get further and further apart.  This latest stunt is certainly not a step in the right direction.

things got out of hand as soon as SCOM hit MTV 24/7. that's when the crazies signed up & have never let got. there is no normalcy in a band like GNR.
but it is true that GNR & Axl inspire a different blend of crazies than say the likes of MJ/U2/The Stones do. it goes hand in hand with the digital age, but the lack of malacious behaviour in the U2 or REM fanbase than you see GNR 'fans'/traders exhibit reflects the behaviour & thoughtlessness of the people who have ran GNR for the past 20yrs.

it really wouldn't be that hard to undermine guys like MSL. if GNR & Axl behaved in a more pleasant & honest manner, especially towards their fanbase, people wouldn't be going out of their way to undermine the band via leaks. had there not been a continual history of unnecessary insults & broken promises (there have been broken promises) people wouldn't be out 2 get them.

now it's not particularly pleasant behaviour delving into people's private correspondence & business but you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't see how GNR's behaviour isn't a root cause for the likes of MSL to exist. like i said, do you think bands like REM or U2 have an internet community which makes celebrities of guys like MSL?!
lot's of bands have done stuff to piss off their fans. but few are as vulnerable, bizarre & legendary as GNR.

i defo can understand people not caring about this stuff, esp outside the fanbase.
but i for one am hoping for the documents to fill in a lot of the blanks in the CD clusterfuck story. i just think it's one of the most fun stories in rock n roll history n any more facts that come to light can really only help in understanding how it all went so crazy.
(oddly i'm not that excited by hearing new songs. i never cared much for the studio leaks of the CD tracks & generally avoided/rarely listened to them. i prob would d/l them this time tho as that time it was still the novelty of going & buying/experiencing a new GNR album that kept me away from the leaks.)

tho i am coming round to the idea that the guy is full of shit.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Unfortunately though, the interest of a majority of fans on these forums is at an extremely high level because of all this soap opera drama. 

And I'm ashamed to say, I fall into that group.  I just wish it didn't have to be this way.  I wish this band could function on a more normal level.  But with all this nonsense, it makes it nearly impossible.

Fact of the matter is, this it the first thread in the GNR section of the site I thought seemed interesting enough to click on in weeks, maybe more.

Is it silly soap opera bullshit like has already been said?  Sure it is...  Why are actual soap operas so popular?  Because they don't put anything good on tv during the day opposite them.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
-D- wrote:

the band sort of have functioned on a normal level over the past few months though. Touring, tweeting etc

Id say Axl would put out cdII tomorrow if it were up to him. Id say he has so much red tape to go through,especially after the CD debacle and his record label rant, that putting out a new album will be difficult

D - great points....i agree 100%. yes, for years gnr was a frustrating band to follow. but in the last 2+ years, they have released an album and played a ton of shows all around the world. they have yet to play the U.S., but they did play several U.S. shows 4+ years ago. and it sure seems like that was (hopefully still is) their plan for 2011 - more U.S. shows. i mean what the hell else could we want??? 

and i think it's great that the large majority of the gnr fanbase is against obtaining any information against the band's wishes. the backlash AGAINST all this bullshit has been great!

johndivney wrote:

the backlash has been stoopid.
give us the gory details MSL!!
how much does Mother Goose get paid?!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

It may be morally wrong but I still want the dirt...all of it.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

^^^so does everyone else, even if they deny it.  Why else would there be 180+ pages/165,000 views on the subject (@mygnr) in about 4 days?

johndivney wrote:

if axl n gnr are such victims of circumstance & conspiracies as they claim then there shouldn't be much in the emails that they don't want people to see. if axl's really as genial & innocent as he makes out they should have nothing to worry about frankly..

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

the band sort of have functioned on a normal level over the past few months though. Touring, tweeting etc

Id say Axl would put out cdII tomorrow if it were up to him. Id say he has so much red tape to go through,especially after the CD debacle and his record label rant, that putting out a new album will be difficult

so my opinion stands if MSL has shit, it was planted by GNR to leak a little thus forcing the record label to release it.

we all pretty much agree that we think the leaks are the only reason we ever got Chinese Democracy. I still think those leaks were done intentionally as well.

Axl keeps the cred without coming off like a Slash type self promoter.

That Eddie Trunk interview for example.... he just happened to text baz right when he was giving an interview? please. axl is cunning and intelligent but he knows how to play the game better than anybody.

Interesting points.  I was of the belief that the CD leaks were semi-intentional as well.  To keep the fanbase interested by throwing them a couple of bones from year to year.  I suppose this could be the same thing all over again on a larger scale, but like I said before if it is their plan, it isn't working too well right now because nobody outside of the GNR community gives a shit about any of this.  And ultimately, that's who they have to convince that GNR is still a viable band.  Those of us on the forums know the ins and outs and have already make up our minds whether they're viable or not.  We don't need to be teased and strung along anymore than we already have been.

Now if this is just the beginning and this continues on and begins to pick up steam, getting widespread attention, then we might be onto something.  But right now, it doesn't have that look or feel to it.

Board footer