You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

faldor wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

^^^so does everyone else, even if they deny it.  Why else would there be 180+ pages/165,000 views on the subject (@mygnr) in about 4 days?

I've said before, whatever comes out of this I will most likely read, download, etc.  That doesn't mean I agree with the stuff being made public.  In fact, I'm completely against it.  But if its out there for public consumption, you better believe I'll take what I can get.

It's like a car crash.  You don't WANT to look at it, but you can't help it.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
faldor wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

^^^so does everyone else, even if they deny it.  Why else would there be 180+ pages/165,000 views on the subject (@mygnr) in about 4 days?

I've said before, whatever comes out of this I will most likely read, download, etc.  That doesn't mean I agree with the stuff being made public.  In fact, I'm completely against it.  But if its out there for public consumption, you better believe I'll take what I can get.

Yep, afraid so.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

johndivney wrote:

if axl n gnr are such victims of circumstance & conspiracies as they claim then there shouldn't be much in the emails that they don't want people to see. if axl's really as genial & innocent as he makes out they should have nothing to worry about frankly..

Now this I take issue with. The idea that privacy is only for those with something to hide is ludicrous. We all have an equal right to be secure in our persons and our papers. The emails I've sent from my school account have nothing juicy or damaging in them, but I still would be pissed beyond belief if they were published, since it's a crime to do so and a massive violation of my privacy. Similarly, if a cop asked to search my car or my home, I'd politely refuse, and that is not evidence of guilt of anything, it is simply my right and my choice as an individual and citizen with dignity.

I can definitely understand the anger GNR and Axl would have over this, and it's perhaps the worst part of me that's eager to see what MSL's got.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

i can understand their anger, i'm just saying that by their own admission they shouldn't have anything to fear in these 'documents' MSL is holding (if they've been as honest and forthright as they've always maintained).. in a sense it could work in their favour, maybe the emails n shit show them to be a bunch of kittens, a big happy family of cuddly loving naive kittens..

it is a violation of privacy, no doubt about it. BUT if things come out that bring new facts and information to light, that represent Axl/GnR as the heroes who souls are being torn down by the corrupt and malignant, & we no reason to believe the documents shouldn't (if we're to believe Axl/GnR/ASSociates that is) then why should they stress too much about it..

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Just a random comment here, but I read on one of the forums that Msl's comment about leaks not actually harming the band in his email to robin may actually have been an attempt by Axl to stop Robin leaving Guns. Perhaps this was a response to Robin's resignation letter, with Axl trying to allay Robin's fears about the music from Chinese being leaked all over the net.

Like I say, random, but food for thought.

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:
johndivney wrote:

if axl n gnr are such victims of circumstance & conspiracies as they claim then there shouldn't be much in the emails that they don't want people to see. if axl's really as genial & innocent as he makes out they should have nothing to worry about frankly..

I hear some of what you're saying. But someone (faldor?) posted a thought that really hit home with me; my own personal business. In the last year, I've had some really big ups & downs in my life and how would I feel if someone got a bunch of documents concerning all of that personal business and then shared it with the whole free world? It wouldn't feel good at all.

yea you'd be bummed but it's not the end of the world, right?

i mean GNR have endured & survived worse shit than an amateur wrestler extorting them, knowwhatimean?? donnington for one thing springs to mind.. uh the entire band disintegrating is another..

i guess my point is this really isn't the end of the world. just another bizarre hiccup in the glorious clusterfuck that is this rock n roll circus. it's not like it's gonna bring axl n the band to and end.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
faldor wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

Yep, afraid so.

Thirded

This pretty much says it all. Agreed faldor.

Board footer