You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

johndivney wrote:

i for one would like to see these 'documents' leaked online straight away. if there is a vast volume of them then it would be safe to say he didn't make them all up himself. and if there is a lot of them, there's bound to be a lot of madness & details that paint a still clearer picture of the CD-saga & disentegration of the old band.

IF that shit does exist (& i'm really not convinced it does) it helps explain the crazy story that GnR turned into & that is information we could all have a lot of fun with. don't really see how it's lame or affecting anyone too seriously. if MSL is legit with what he has got then it looks to me like another funny story in one of the best rock n roll stories ever!

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

^^^eh, i suppose.  but in the end, it's about the music, and that is all I care about.  I just want to hear some new GNR songs, don't give a hoot about any band salaries, tour plans, robin/axl letters, etc.  Yeah, i'd be curious about them, but really, that's not why i'm here.  i just want the music, as most ppl probably do.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

^^^eh, i suppose.  but in the end, it's about the music, and that is all I care about.  I just want to hear some new GNR songs, don't give a hoot about any band salaries, tour plans, robin/axl letters, etc.  Yeah, i'd be curious about them, but really, that's not why i'm here.  i just want the music, as most ppl probably do.

This about sums it up for me, too.

And I think the docs are lame, but that's my personal opinion. It just really doesn't do anything for me except some curiosity about Robin and how the band now feels about Buckethead, like how he hinted that the band really sees what they lost. That strikes me as being Tommy and some others who I guess weren't real nice to him while he was in the band.

But again, the documents could all be written by either msl, or someone else. The fact that the thread still exists at mygnr tells me GNR isn't too worried about this.

johndivney wrote:

i'm actually starting to question now how much interest i actually have in the new songs...

i want a new GnR album, officially released songs more than just about anything that's not pussy..
but i don't really have a strong desire for leaked studio demo's or unmastered, unfinished songs. i would still download them and listen to them once or twice, but i wouldn't invest myself emotionally until it's an officially sanctioned album. never have. bar the live tracks from HOB, & maybe IRS & TWAT on occassion, i pretty muched ignored the pre-CD studio leaks, i still grabbed them all & listened to them, but i've listened to them far more in the wake of CD's official release than i had before..
(also, tbpf, i think i'm getting over-CD & would prob prefer to hear a Ron/Ashba-era GnR song than a decade old Bucket song - don't get me wrong, i WANT a CD-era BOXSET with ALL the songs Bucket n Finck did.. i would just get more excited by a leaked song from the new band given i don't know what they're capable of & that 'Cuban Skies' clip, if even legit, did sound quite similar to CITR/TiL)

that is maybe why i'm more interested in the gossip. like i've implied i've always been enthralled by this unique clusterfuck in one of the most legendary and bestest rock n roll bands ever. and anything that can help explain that clusterfuck or shine more light on its madness really excites me!
the lunacy of this band is often matched by passion & while that is captured in their music, it's also captured in their behaviour which makes it an endlessly interesting dynamic.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow, I'm totally opposite there... This whole thing made me pop CD back on and really appreciate how great it is.

Here's how it ranks for my interest:

1. New album announcement.
2. Leaked songs.
3. Tour announcement/ CD relaunch with new songs.
4. Ashba/Ron influenced new album

5. leaked gossip. Way the fuck down here. wink

johndivney wrote:

lol

well i have had my fill of GnR/CD for a while at least. i fucking love that album & played the shit outta it, to an obsessive fanboy degree.. i think i just got burned out on it & it's style of music.. couple it with this year, the euro tour, catching them live & generally last year there was always something happening with GnR good & bad. now, musically at least, i'm defo ready to take this shit to the next level!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wow, I'm totally opposite there... This whole thing made me pop CD back on and really appreciate how great it is.

Here's how it ranks for my interest:

1. New album announcement.
2. Leaked songs.
3. Tour announcement/ CD relaunch with new songs.
4. Ashba/Ron influenced new album

Ironically the same thing happened to me. I haven't listened to the album since I remixed it, and that was months ago.

I listened to it last night on my MP3 player, compairing the remixed cuts to the originals, hearing alot of the underneath stuff in the remixes, and just thinking....

Good GOD this was an AWESOME ALBUM! 9

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I want to see if Slash and Axl have been communicating at all over the years.

I want to read what Robin told Axl when he resigned.

All parties involved have their versions, well Robin has silence but the emails could finally give us the TRUTH about what went down over the last 19 years.

After that I'm sated. I do not want to see salaries etc as that's like a ank account number or personal phone number - its endangers the person by leaking it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Good GOD this was an AWESOME ALBUM! 9

Board footer