You are not logged in. Please register or login.

evader
 Rep: 27 

Re: Alternate artwork (NEW scans inside!)

evader wrote:

Great scans! Thanks russtcb for being lucky enough to find this, and moreso for taking the time to scan and share it.  This booklet is much, much better than the Best Buy release, though I'm grateful to have seen both.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wasn't the problem with the alternate version that securing the rights to all the artwork would've cost a packet?* And Merck/Azoff/Best Buy/whoever just wanted to rush-release the thing as part of the scheme to force Axl into a reunion...

*Mind you, that doesn't explain why there are copies out there. Which I would cheerfully gnaw off my own arm for, by the way.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

thanks for the scans russ. i`m not going to think about what could have been, had this album been properly released. it`s a shame...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Wasn't the problem with the alternate version that securing the rights to all the artwork would've cost a packet?* And Merck/Azoff/Best Buy/whoever just wanted to rush-release the thing as part of the scheme to force Axl into a reunion...

*Mind you, that doesn't explain why there are copies out there. Which I would cheerfully gnaw off my own arm for, by the way.

I guess another question is would we all have been prepared to wait another 12 months for the booklet? At the time, probably not!

Re-release starts now!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but if Axl owns all the original paintings, would the original artist retain the rights to the artwork being licensed out? As in liner notes?

Something tells me - no.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Got to say it again, this stuff is amazing, gotta get me one o' these!

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I still want to throw out there that I thought the bicycle artwork on the actual release front cover was better than the red hand one.

Other than that, everything else about the alternate is superior.

I like the hand...just seems to fit with the art on the inside.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Wow, awesome scans, thanks! If they put this out tomorrow, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Board footer