You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Alice Cooper

jamester wrote:

ALICE COOPER Shows Off His 'Big Unit' (Video) - Mar. 17, 2011
Legendary rocker and brand new Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Alice Cooper was a guest on "The Joy Behar Show", hosted by acclaimed comedian, actress, best-selling author, Emmy Award winner and co-host of ABC's "The View". In "The Joy Behar Show" green room, Cooper introduces the show to "Big Unit", his signature dish from his Phoenix restaurant, Alice Cooperstown. (The "Big Unit" is a mouthwatering, 22-inch, 3-pound hot dog.) Watch the segment below.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

jamester

jamester wrote:

"Robert Trujillo was inducted with Metallica and he only played on Death Magnetic so the rules to getting inducted are probably retarded."

This part bugged me a bit! they knew ahead of time they would be in HOF and in one of the videos talked it up as a benifit of his job. If you see it this way then nu gnr gets inducted. If you watch VH  i did not. did they induct David and Sammy?
Do they allow whomever shows up ?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Everyone but Wolfgang got inducted, right? So I don't know how they actually work these things. They're as mysterious as the MPAA.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Rex wrote:

Robert Trujillo was inducted with Metallica and he only played on Death Magnetic so the rules to getting inducted are probably retarded.

Robert Trujillo is a member of the band AND played on an album, and prior to that he'd been their bassist and playing live with them since 2003, so I see nothing "retarded" at all in having him inducted. He'd certainly earned his spot in Metallica.

Metallica said that anyone who'd played on a studio album should get inducted, and that's why Jason Newsted was part of the induction too.

If GN'R gets inducted, Gilby and Matt should both be part of the proceedings, as they too played on official GN'R studio recordings.

I think GN'R should follow Metallica's way about the whole thing in general, as they handled the whole thing as a celebration of all things Metallica, and invited everyone to do with the band over the years. GN'R should do the same - invite members old and new to celebrate the legacy that GN'R has created.
But because of Axl, we all know, that will never happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The difference there is, 75% of the original Metallica band (Kill 'Em All to the present), added Robert to the mix, then cut Death Magnetic.

Chinese Democracy is only a Guns N' Roses album because it's singer owns the rights to the name. The only reason 87.5% of current Guns N' Roses is called Guns N' Roses, is because 12.5% of Guns N' Roses is actually Guns N' Roses, and has legal entitlement to it.

You could make an argument for Dizzy Reed, because of his tenure and multiple recordings with GN'R (everything but AFD & Lies).

But if any new era Guns N' Roses member gets inducted, it'll be considered a joke. It's not gonna happen.

What's KISS gonna do, induct the original band, then bring in the other 80 players they've had from Bruce Kulick to recognizing the late Eric Carr to Vinnie Vincent to Tommy Thayer to Eric Singer...

I just don't know how they work that stuff. Van Halen was a different situation, like Metallica. Where only 25% was replaced - Sammy Hagar for David Lee Roth. Gary Cherone wasn't inducted, and he recorded on an album too.

Most of the time, the HOF only recognize the 'legend' of the band, if multiple lineup changes have happened. Considering Axl & Dizzy are the only parts left of the legend, something tells me that ONLY the Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt & Dizzy will be recognized. Gilby is NOT getting inducted, he didn't record on an original GN'R song (all covers), and all that leaves him as is a touring musician.

If the Hall is gonna start acknowledging touring musicians, they might as well let Frank Ferrer in.

jamester

jamester wrote:

ALICE COOPER, ROB ZOMBIE: Highlights From 'Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame' FUSE TV Broadcast - Mar. 21, 2011
Highlights from the 2011 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame aired last night (March 20) on Fuse TV. Legendary rocker Alice Cooper was inducted by recent touring partner Rob Zombie, who set the tone for how Cooper came to make his presence known at the turn of the '60s. "Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, I was thinking about rock and roll heroes and what they mean — we love rock and roll heroes because they're cooler than us, they're smarter than us, they're richer than us. And we all love 'em, right?" he said. "Wrong. I mean, let's put it into perspective. I mean, I don't wanna name names, but let's say James Bond; what good is James Bond without 'Goldfinger', or 'Dr. No', or 'Pussy Galore'? He's just a suave, boring guy in a tux with a nit-picky drink order that likes to say his name a lot. (laughter) In 1969, that was essentially what had happened to rock. All heroes — no villains. And you're thinking 'What about Jerry Lee Lewis? What about Keith Richards?' Bad-ass motherfuckers, to be sure — but not villains. But then in 1969 a very special event happened. It was in Venice, California at the Cheetah Club, where a new band ALICE COOPER appeared on stage. (applause) You say that now, but not in 1969 (laughter), because that show was famous for the fact that within five minutes, they cleared the room (laughter). Everyone hated them — except one man who saw the beauty and that was Frank Zappa."

Alice Cooper paid tribute to the key acts that initially inspired the band. "Bands that really hit home for us were THE YARDBIRDS, THE WHO, THE KINKS — they gave us our musical education," he said. "I hope I never outgrow a Pete Townshend windmill chord, I hope I never outgrow a Jeff Beck lead guitar (applause). If I do, just shoot me (laughter). We've always been a hard rock band — we just wanted to decorate it a little bit differently. I wish I could tell you that being in the Hall now that we'll never embarrass you, (laughs) but I really can't make that promise."

Alice Cooper admitted that while grateful, for the award he couldn't help but tally the dozens of worthy acts that have yet to make it into the Hall Of Fame. "When you're nominated and then you find out you're in, you immediately start thinking of guys that aren't in; THE MOODY BLUES, DEEP PURPLE, DONOVAN, y'know, STEVE MILLER — there's a whole, bunch of guys there that aren't in that will eventually be in. All the prog rock guys, Joe Cocker — I mean there's a bunch of guys out there that will eventually be in, I'm pretty sure. I don't know why it takes so long; we weren't nominated for 16 years, we got nominated once and got it. So that really nice for us. We really appreciate it."

According to The Pulse Of Radio, artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist's contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll. The Foundation's nominating committee selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted.

jamester

jamester wrote:

ALICE COOPER: Trailer For Old-School Box Set Available - Mar. 22, 2011
Due in June, the original Alice Cooper group box set comes in a commemorative 12-inch square "school desk" box and includes:

** Four CDs from the years 1964-1974:

- Disc 1: Demos, rarities, live, and advertisements
- Disc 2: Demos from "Muscle Of Love", a pre-production of songs from "School's Out",1973 Madison Square Garden live track, and advertisements.
- Disc 3: Spoken word
- Disc 4: Live show of the 1971 "Killer" tour in St. Louis

* DVD (single disc in Amaray case) with three never-before-seen features (over two hours)

64-page, full-color yearbook style book with hard front and back cover:

- Period pictures of all band members, many never before seen
- Book written by Lonn Friend, a well-known heavy metal journalist

Gatefold folder containing:

- Two tour programs
- Ticket stubs
- Set list
- Five prints

* Bootleg Vinyl: 1971 "Killer" live show in St. Louis
* Seven-inch vinyl: Songs "Wonder Whose Lovin' Her Now" and "Lay Down & Die, Goodbye" from The Nazz
* Immediate download of the "Elected" music video (AliceCooper.com exclusive) — available as a M4V or MOV download as soon as you complete the pre-order transaction.

Price: $260.00

Pre-order at this location.

A trailer for the box set can be viewed below.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash would play with the new guys. But Axl won't play with Slash. It'd be cool though.

If Gilby or Matt are included, Tommy sure as fuck better get inducted, too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Why would Tommy be compared to Matt? Matt is bigger than Tommy in terms of Guns N' Roses.

Tommy might have spent the time in Axl's band that he did, but he wasn't a player on the mega-successful Use Your Illusion albums, which was AFD-successful compared to CD.

Use Your Illusion is apart of the legacy of Guns N' Roses, Chinese Democracy is not, other than the name itself.

Gilby - I understand that analogy and totally agree.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No way, Tommy actually has song writing credits. He is a much bigger player than Matt ever was. Chinese Democracy is a huge part of GN'Rs legacy.

Board footer