You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Alice Cooper

Axlin16 wrote:

You're kidding right?

Anyone post-Duff leaving, will NEVER be recognized as part of the legacy of Guns N' Roses.

It's just not going to happen. Stinson may have song writing credits, but he's not apart of GNR's legacy. He's just not. The legacy will always be 87-93, just the way it is.

If Tommy Stinson gets in as a GN'R player, i'd be shocked. And if that's the case, like I said, they're gonna need a bigger stage for the 85 players that were in KISS backing Gene & Paul from 1983 to now.

RNRHOF tend to only recognize the legacy of a band, and who they induct. That's why I think they'll lean to recognizing Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt & Dizzy as Guns N' Roses.

Look at Alice Cooper. They inducted Coop, but specifically wanted to recognize 'The Alice Cooper Group', the initial band that broke out on the scene and recorded all of Cooper's classic 70's albums, and not really going through all the players in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

However on the flip side, if it's true that Robert Trujillo went on as a member with Metallica... then yeah, Stinson should be in with GN'R, and so should Chris Pitman, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Buckethead & Brain.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He is a part of GNR and it's legacy. But its' nice of you to include Robin in being inducted for being part of the band when Duff was in GNR. smile

But I'm not saying he should, or shouldn't be inducted. If Matt or Gilby are, then so should Tommy, imo.

The HOF really means jack shit to me, tbh. Just like your opinion that Tommy isn't a part of GNR's legacy. I don't care that you think that, with all respect intended. I don't agree.

But if they want Axl there, they'd better include the new band, as I'm sure Metallica probably refused to go unless Robert was inducted too. But I doubt even that would get him on stage with the old guys.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If you want to be wrong, that's your problem.

You want to write history your way, that's fine. Nothing past 1993 will never be widely acknowledged as Guns N' Roses.

It's not an opinion dude. It's stone cold fact.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sorry, it's just opinion.

You're basing it on the idea that the majority of people, not old school fans, haven't moved on and have no problems calling it GN'R.

Like Slash just said on That Metal Show with people who can't get over it, it's been like 15 years, they're still touring successfully, move on.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Rex wrote:

Robert Trujillo was inducted with Metallica and he only played on Death Magnetic so the rules to getting inducted are probably retarded.

Robert Trujillo is a member of the band AND played on an album, and prior to that he'd been their bassist and playing live with them since 2003, so I see nothing "retarded" at all in having him inducted. He'd certainly earned his spot in Metallica.

Metallica said that anyone who'd played on a studio album should get inducted, and that's why Jason Newsted was part of the induction too.

If GN'R gets inducted, Gilby and Matt should both be part of the proceedings, as they too played on official GN'R studio recordings.

I think GN'R should follow Metallica's way about the whole thing in general, as they handled the whole thing as a celebration of all things Metallica, and invited everyone to do with the band over the years. GN'R should do the same - invite members old and new to celebrate the legacy that GN'R has created.
But because of Axl, we all know, that will never happen.

Robert's great player and a cool guy but he isn't part of the legacy that got Metallica into the RRHOF.  I just think it's ridiculous that he gets inducted, but Dave Mustaine, who has more writing credits than Jason Newsted btw, can't get inducted.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Writing credits aside, Dave Mustaine was booted out of the band 30 years ago and NEVER played on any studio albums, so why should he get inducted as a Metallica member?

And for the record, Dave was invited along by Metallica, as a guest, not as an inductee, which I think is more than fair.
Jason Newsted was also part of the Metallica induction.

I think Dave should get in on his own merits with Megadeth.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sorry, it's just opinion.

You're basing it on the idea that the majority of people, not old school fans, haven't moved on and have no problems calling it GN'R.

Like Slash just said on That Metal Show with people who can't get over it, it's been like 15 years, they're still touring successfully, move on.

You still have totally missed the point, because you REFUSE to get the point. Regardless of Slash acknowledging what the fuck ever, the legacy of Guns N' Roses IS '87-'93. That doesn't mean that GN'R couldn't come up with an amazing single that sweeps the nation Lady GaGa-style with the 2011 lineup, and totally make their mark. As a matter of fact - that would be my dream to see GN'R live on and the new band come to the fruition it was always meant to be.

But as of now, Guns N' Roses legacy is '87'-'93. That's fact, not opinion, and in fairness, I will leave you with this video...

Even though he won't go in the Hall with them, this is one of the most rock n' roll moments in Guns N' Roses history...

9:mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh:

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

ALICE COOPER's 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare' Pushed Back To Next Year - Mar. 27, 2011
Legendary rocker Alice Cooper spoke to AOL's Noisecreep about "Welcome 2 My Nightmare", a sequel to his 1975 concept album "Welcome to My Nightmare" — his first "solo" release after the break-up of the original Alice Cooper band.

"It will be out next year," he said, "We have to do the whole festivals tour first which will be South America, Australia, Europe, Canada, all over the States. That's going to be a big kind of heavy Alice show. But the [tour] after that will be 'Welcome To My Nightmare Part Two' — 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare,' and it's going to be a full-out nightmare so I almost can't wait for that one. The next show is going to be fun. The show after that, the nightmare show, is going to be unbelievable."

In a recent interview with Billboard.com, Cooper said about the forthcoming CD, "I had an idea to do a part two to (2008's) 'Along Came a Spider'," Cooper says. "I came to [producer] Bob [Ezrin; PINK FLOYD, KISS] with it, and he listened and goes, 'Eh. I would be more excited if 'Along Came a Spider' was a No. 1 record.' He wasn't really into it. Then we started talking about 'Welcome to My Nightmare''s 35th anniversary or something like that, and he said, 'What if Alice had another nightmare?' All I was trying to do was get Bob to say, 'Yeah, I want to produce the album,' so we found a place where both of us really felt comfortable, and that was doing 'Nightmare 2'."

"Welcome 2 My Nightmare" features the original "Nightmare" tandem of Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner, with Vince Gill guesting on a track called "Runaway Train". In addition, surviving Cooper band members Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith appear on the song "When Hell Comes Home".

"There are certain songs where we let some of the themes from (the original) 'Nightmare' slip in," Cooper told Billboard.com. "All of a sudden you'll hear the little piano part from 'Steven' or from 'The Awakening'. I wanted (the albums) to be married together. I think we even make reference to a couple of characters from the original (album)."

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

So the whole Nightmare 2 album isn't going to be the original band, just guest appearences....

Ehh. That just makes it another Cooper album, not that it's a bad thing, but it's like doing a BIG sequel film and the star returns, but the original cast just do cameos.

Kind of a letdown tbh.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

ALICE COOPER Meets LADY GAGA - Mar. 28, 2011
Legendary rocker Alice Cooper was photographed backstage at Lady Gaga's show on Saturday, March 25 in Phoenix. The pop singer — who is said to be a fan of heavy metal and hard rock — reportedly marked the occasion by smearing fake blood over her chest and posting on her Twitter profile, "I just died and went to hell" after the meeting.

Cooper recently praised Lady Gaga, saying: "She can sing, write and play piano — she's not just a costume queen ... you can be as outrageous as you want as long as you back it up with the music."

According to TheDailyStar.com, Lady Gaga is expected to make a cameo appearance at one of Alice's shows in May, although it's unclear what role she will play during the performance.

Cooper's sequel to his 1975 album, "Welcome To My Nightmare", has been pushed back to a 2012 release. Tentatively titled "Welcome 2 My Nightmare", it will feature the original "Nightmare" tandem of Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner, with Vince Gill guesting on a track called "Runaway Train". In addition, surviving Cooper band members Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith appear on the song "When Hell Comes Home".
coopergaga.jpg

Board footer