You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Tommy Stinson Thread

johndivney wrote:

in fairness to BB & the label Axl had 14 fuckin yrs r so to put the artwork liner notes in place why'd he have to leave it til the last two fucking weeks?

it's all a big disappointment. everybody lost. except the bad guys, of course.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah and I assure you Axl was just the opposite of them.

They might've rushed it.

But Axl was lazy as fuck about rolling it out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

nice.......

cool comment by Tommy on a Replacements reunion....same exact spot as Gnr is in.....

"I would never want to try and re-create our youth, it's fucking 20-some years ago, and there's been lots of different lifestyle changes since. There's the rub right there."

1991 isn't coming back.....The Replacements broke up in 1991 and most sane people think Gnr should have as well (when Izzy quit). 17

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

"The stupid thing was, it was pulled out of [Axl's] hands. He was already ready to give it up, but there were a few minor things that meant a lot to him artistically, but they pulled it out of his hands anyway. What was another couple fucking weeks waiting for the artwork? I mean really? That's what it came down to. That's just too bad."

Well, so now we know.

There must have been a delay in getting a part of the artwork licenced so thats why the alternate versions were pulled, and we got served what the record company threw together.

Cunts.

That's quite possible, and I agree this to be a big thing for Tommy to say out loud.

However, Axl kept tinkering with the release until the very end, delivering the album to be mastered in October. Beta claimed the unmastered album was ready on the preceding Xmas.

It's all part record company nonsense, part Axl camp nonsense.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think it's ALL Axl camp nonsense. ALL.

The record company doesn't just FUCK THEMSELVES to MAKE LESS MONEY.

So every goddamn album can get a PROPER rollout from Uni, but not CD? Not GN'R?

Bullshit... the blame lies where it always did. Axl's house.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I personally think it's ALL Axl camp nonsense. ALL.

The record company doesn't just FUCK THEMSELVES to MAKE LESS MONEY.

So every goddamn album can get a PROPER rollout from Uni, but not CD? Not GN'R?

Bullshit... the blame lies where it always did. Axl's house.

Well, I had a friend turning down a book deal because he was simply too fed up with publishers. That says so much you have no idea.

If they're anything like book labels, then sure, I believe Tommy or Axl or whoever. I'm into this myself right now.

An editor of some sort like my shit, he wants to publish. Gets it thru the execs, all ready to go. Then silence and I'm like wtf. 3 months later his boss mails me and says he was fired. Book deal off. 3 days later the guy mails me and said he was headhunted by another company, and he wants to bring my book there. I say "sure". He's delighted and we're back on track (?). Not even sure if he read it yet.

And Chris, with two books done have actually turned one down because he's fed up with all the bullshit.

Maybe not the same, but just an example that these guys just fucks shit up.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl made his own bed. He promised the label the new album by...1997? Or something in the late 90s. Yet he delivered a decade later, with an ever-changing line-up of musicians, and what's even worse, with ever-changing producers. He didn't give a damn about the guys the label recommended. He had been spending that millions for years and years with no sign of ever completing the album, just broken promises years by years. Even the 'minor' additions took a year, instead of 3 weeks in 2007, after the aborted NA tour.
It's no wonder that Uni didn't spend other millions for the albums after 2004. They were obviously fed up with the Axl camp, and decided not to wait another weeks (or months or years) for Axl's artistic vision's desired booklet. They did ads though, it was only Axl, who sabotated his own release. What a spoiled child. He made his own bed, and now those people need to renegotiate the deal with the label, who only made things worse with the 'you are Axl Rose, you do what you want' bullshit. Not a promising position.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl aside,

Record companies in general are run by morons who can't be arsed to listen through the albums they are supposed to publish / represent.

Read Lemmy's biography for a rundown on the crap he's had to put up with.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Axl aside,

Record companies in general are run by morons who can't be arsed to listen through the albums they are supposed to publish / represent.

Read Lemmy's biography for a rundown on the crap he's had to put up with.

Record company leaders may be morons. It's sure that their line of thinking is different from the artists'.

But. There is only one band on Earth that can't finish and release an album. An egomaniac, pseudo-perfectionist, hysterical, lazy rockstar, living in an alternate universe surronded by yes-men, may play a part in this.

Board footer