You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: Rumored South American dates around RIR

WARose wrote:

the last gig was in abu dhabi on december 16th.

Sky Dog wrote:

December 16th, 2010 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates @ Yas Arena 
Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme), Live And Let Die, This I Love, Better, Rocket Queen, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad Of Death)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)/Axl Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Whole Lotta Rosie, Nightrain
Encore: Don't Cry, Patience, Jam/Madagascar, Jam/Paradise City

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Waiting for an Alibi

Thin Lizzy new boy Richard Fortus is hoping that his Guns N’Roses duties are over in time for him to join up with Lizzy for their January tour

Richard Fortus admits he is desperate to retain his place in Thin Lizzy when the band embark on their UK tour in the new year and he expects to have wrapped up a handful of Guns N’ Roses dates in South American in plenty time to do both.

The GNR guitarist was drafted into the new Lizzy line-up last year when Vivien Campbell went back to Def Leppard and Fortus says he is having a blast playing with the band.

Chatting to Rock Radio DJ Tom Russell backstage at High Voltage Fortus joked he will be back if invited, with the band when they kick start their tour in the Glasgow Barrowlands in January after being wowed by stories of the famous Scottish venue by Lizzy singer Ricky Warwick.

“I certainly hope so,” said Fortus. “We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I’ll be free and clear by January.”

Warwick also admitted his delight at the current version of Lizzy being embraced by fans of the classic band. He said:

“It’s maybe not for me to say why that is but maybe the spirit is just right with this line-up and I think we approach it with the right heart and soul. Maybe growing up in Ireland helps me a bit as well – I don’t know.

“We certainly put on one hell of a show and I think the Lizzy fans know it won’t ever be as good as it was with Phil (Lynott) but this is as good as it’s going to get. If they think that the job is done.”

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/waiting-for-an-alibi-7268

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Does anybody on this board even care if he comes back? I don't....just go with the Bucket retread and the Slash retread. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You may like Fortus, and I dig some of his Love Spit Love stuff, but the reality is Fortus has not been a major force in the band, frankly ever, and if the rumors are true about Axl actually only have one more FULL album up his sleeve, I gurantee you most of the material on there has more of a Paul Tobias prescence.

If Slash & Bucket weren't deal breakers, neither is Fortus.

BRING BACK IZZY

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I really dig alot of the stuff Fortus plays in GNR.

He is a nice live player, but his solo spots could easily be done by Bumble and Slashba.

As for his studio work on Chinese, no writing credits and no solo credits. Since he didn't play any solos on the album, there is no way in hell to have any idea what his guitar parts were on the record. hmm

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

how about duff joining gnr on guitar? wink

Lomax wrote:

How about I join on guitar? Im better than this lanky goblin

Board footer