You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rumored South American dates around RIR

RussTCB wrote:

removed

nugdafied wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I like Fortus and all but what a stupid thing to say (if it's a correct quote).

LOL...I thought you guys were all talking about Dick Fortus saying he knows Lizzy fans don't expect it to be as good without Lynott...kind of an ironic thing for him to say...considering the other group Fortus plays with.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Him saying he'd like to be able to make more Lizzy shows is one thing. Him saying that he hopes GNR has a short run so he can get back to it is a whole different animal.

I understand what you're saying, but consider the fact that this came up during an interview with the Thin Lizzy guys.  Honestly, would you say in front of the rest of the guys in one of the bands your playing in something that may indicate that you don't want to go back to playing with them or you'd rather play with your other band?

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When he's been in the other band since 2001 - yes.

That's like leaving your wife for the mistress.

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's like leaving your pimp for true love...not that i would know hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its a reputable source, and Tom Russell doesnt bullshit, he's too old and long in the beard for such nonsense.
My take on it is, Richard was talking to a proud Scotsman about the possibility of playing in one of Scotlands legendary rock venues in January, and he was just going along with the enthusiasm saying "yeah man I hope so."

My point for posting it was it dont look much like there is any other touring plans apart from these South American shows.

I wouldn't say that.  Richard Fortus probably doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what GNR's future plans are.  Nobody except Axl does, and even him I wonder about at times.  Another possibility is that he's only commenting on the dates he knows for sure are happening.  Plenty of guys have been burned in the past by saying, "we're touring the US in January."  And lastly, like you said, he was probably just showing his enthusiasm for playing in Thin Lizzy.

Just a bad choice of words in the end.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's like leaving your pimp for true love...not that i would know hmm

If Axl is Richard Fortus pimp, than Fortus is a $20 dolla trick.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Him saying he'd like to be able to make more Lizzy shows is one thing. Him saying that he hopes GNR has a short run so he can get back to it is a whole different animal.

I understand what you're saying, but consider the fact that this came up during an interview with the Thin Lizzy guys.  Honestly, would you say in front of the rest of the guys in one of the bands your playing in something that may indicate that you don't want to go back to playing with them or you'd rather play with your other band?

Ali

Were it me, I'd have said "We'll have to see what happens. Things with Guns are moving again in October and who knows what the future holds. I'd love to play with Thin Lizzy again though!"

I understand, Russ.  That perhaps may have been the most prudent thing to say, but it's always easy to look back in hindsight and say what should've been said and how things should've been handled.  It was a poor choice of words and poorly handled from a GN'R perspective, certainly.  But, hindsight is always 20/20.

Ali

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think he was misquoted there and that people are getting a bit carried away here...

also this type of reaction is why i think that mr fortus doesnt speak more

obviously the interview was mostly about thin lizzy so of course richard is going to be sympathetic to that audience...but also he says that if GNR are touring then he wont be touring with TL

Board footer