You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: the Madagascar Quotes

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ok, so I'm not crazy. I thought I remembered someone saying that about Axl getting the rights.

Do you remember what else he/she claimed....?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I still don't think this song is about the old band. I've always thought it was a more broader message, Axls isolation from the world, how he doesn't want to be associated with this current generation of humanity as they fuck up the planet with their fighting etc but it can be salvaged if we act. Of course the song works on various levels which is why it can be interpreted as being about the old band break up or something more general, perhaps this is something Axl intended, who knows. I think the general message though is in spite of the isolation you may feel you can be strong enough and there is always hope.

I remember someone saying that back in early 06 when Axl was in NY he had said he was there to get the rights to the Morgan Freeman quotes for Madagascar. So it seems at least getting the rights to some of the quotes was his job. I remember an article earlier this year also saying the record company weren't playing ball with regards to securing the rights to the MLK quotes which Axl had asked them to do, it also said Axl won't release CD unless those quotes appear on Madagascar 18

Ok, so I'm not crazy. I thought I remembered someone saying that about Axl getting the rights.

I agree though, I don't think this song is about the old band.

I was always in the side of it's about the old band.  I can't wait until he actually talks about what the song is about.  I hope that at some point this will happen.

Board footer