You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 'Bring Bucket back to GNR' Facebook Group

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Most people seem to seriously under rate bumblefoots ability on guitar.

Dj's as well ... and richard ... all three guys are really fucking good at what they do

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Huh??Am I the only person that saw GNR & Bucket as oil & water??

No!

none of his best works were in GNR

That's why I don't think he should go back

but the whole GN'R is an alternative band with circus freaks lineup days are over.

Never thought to see that but you are so right. Its bandana city now!

None of the new members can influence Axl to release music, Buckethead could and would.

emm..Bucket was gine about two years before CD came out???

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bucket + Axl = Amazing.

I love that alt rock freak show. smile

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just symbolic, but people should join. Axl and Bucket just scratched the surface of what they could produce.

But, the days of cartoonish characters in GNR are over.

And I fucking loved that alternative freak show. It was so intruiging, so ballsy and so much fun to see GNR being totally revamped into something we didn't even understand. It was like aliens invaded GNR or something. And the thought of what they could have done....Now it's more back to a plain rock n roll band. To me it's not nearly as exciting as that combo of Bucket and alien Finck (even though Ashba is much better for the band PR wise).

Fuck the mainstream, freak-GNR could have been so cool.

Nothing now will bring that excitement of the unknown back. With Ashba and Ron, we know what we're gonna get. It will work for the mainstream, but it will never hit that mysterious peak for me as when Bucket was there. It was so fascinating. For most GNR fans it was like "fuck this, it's not GNR, a dude with a bucket on his head???".

It just made it even more exciting for me. No one really got it. And that's what I found so fucking cool.

That question mark on everyones dumb heads when they found out GNR was still playing, the shock on their faces when there was no Slash there but a freak show on stage no one really knew who was anyway. Fuck that was fascinating. Especially since most diehards were all updated on it, and we looked at everyone else just catching up and not getting shit.

Good times. I could write a book about it

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I say this as a bucket fan...so don't hate me too much....

But what would brininging back bucket actually achieve?

He is still not slash. 95% of people who don't like the current line up want Slash and nothing else.

This.

Had GN'R been a functioning band with working on new material, releasing it, touring in the year of release, replacing old stuff with new songs, I'd really want BH back in GN'R. (If a Slash reunion is impossible.) But the current line-up is a better cover band, and as it seems, that's what Axl wants and the fans are more familiar with this version than the freak show. If it was about reinventing GN'R's style, then yes, he'd be the guitarist I'd choose - but in this case the whole band should be gone except maybe Pitman.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Just symbolic, but people should join. Axl and Bucket just scratched the surface of what they could produce.

And I fucking loved that alternative freak show. It was so intruiging, so ballsy and so much fun to see GNR being totally revamped into something we didn't even understand. It was like aliens invaded GNR or something. And the thought of what they could have done....Now it's more back to a plain rock n roll band. To me it's not nearly as exciting as that combo of Bucket and alien Finck (even though Ashba is much better for the band PR wise).

Nothing now will bring that excitement of the unknown back. With Ashba and Ron, we know what we're gonna get. It will work for the mainstream, but it will never hit that mysterious peak for me as when Bucket was there. It was so fascinating. For most GNR fans it was like "fuck this, it's not GNR, a dude with a bucket on his head???".

It just made it even more exciting for me. No one really got it. And that's what I found so fucking cool.

That question mark on everyones dumb heads when they found out GNR was still playing, the shock on their faces when there was no Slash there but a freak show on stage no one really knew who was anyway. Fuck that was fascinating. Especially since most diehards were all updated on it, and we looked at everyone else just catching up and not getting shit.

I feel exactly the same way.

I just have the feeling if he did come back it would be a Brain/ Frank type of situation with Ron where they'd both be in the band officially, but someone's studio work would be dropped, even though he might tour more than the other... And I'm not talking about Bucket. I think Axl even said he'd be open to Bucket doing something in the studio and/or live stuff with the band.

bucket

I can't say Ron and DJ are a better fit than the "freak show" because they haven't put out anything of their own yet. I can say I'm not all that impressed with their cock rock solo stuff, but hopefully collectively they'll be cool. Robin and Bucket just complimented each other perfectly. We will see.

I still think Bucket /Axl GN'R 2011 would make big waves.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sometimes I have a sick little fantasy where GNR reverts to a smaller 5 peace line up with only two guitarists - Buckethead and Bumblefoot - and they alternate playing rhythm and lead parts for each other doing shred solos...ala whitesnake or megadeth style.

But to be honest I think the real issue  is not so much needing bucket back as wanting the band to become active in terms of releasing music more often. Don't get me wrong - the idea of Axl on a soothsayer blows my mind - but the current line up even has a ton of firepower. Sixx:AM shows DJ has a lot of riffs and chops lying around - with some Axl influence that stuff could be real cool - and bumble can play *anything* - the problem isn't the line up...it's whatever causes Axl to have to make the the band inactive most of the time.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

I didn't find it fascinating at all.  I found it horrific.  And while I've come to respect BH's work in and out of GnR, he's still not a fit for the band, nor is the band a fit for him.  I get the appreciation for his talent; I don't get why a few people think he's good for GnR.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I kind of agree with buzzsaw.  While I did enjoy what Bucket brought to GNR and would be interested in hearing more, I don't think he was a perfect fit.  He obviously works on a much different level than Axl.  There's no way they could ever meet a middle ground.  Axl releases an album every 10 years, Bucket every 10 months.  So in a way, it could've been a great matchup, but in the end, I think they're better off doing their own thing.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yes cuz GnR released a shit ton of albums when Bucket was in the fold 16

sorry but if the guys arent in the actual partnership then they dont hold any sway...i dont even know how much sway Axl has tbh...when the label and Axl reach a compromise on material and terms then then CD part 2 will come out ... not until

i think the releasing of GnR music is more political than peopel want to believe

Label issues aside, do you really think that Axl is in a hurry to get the music put out?

I'm not convinced.

Board footer