You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Walking Dead

I feel the same way man. I was disappointed in the finale of Season 3 when it could of been so much more. Also some decision making going on in the writing in various scenes of S2&3 episodes felt out of place or rushed.  Like I said these new ideas and characters can save this show and give it more fire. But...I got to see Rick, Tyreese, and Daryl team up on a mission and kick some ass this season. Plus..the new show runner seems like he has his shit together for how this show should work properly. He wrote some of the best episodes of the series by far; so that's a good point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The first few episodes have been decent so far. Some big shocks, but honestly... nothing at fucking all is going on. Show might've hit it's ceiling last year.

Me_Wise_Magic

I can't really tell at this point; but I can say that the writing and character development has improved a shit ton since last year in my honest opinion. They are leaving the prison at mid season finale and I believe the some of the zombie herds are being caused by the Governor. I'm glad they are trying some new things story wise and establishing different ideas; but making them work without just the zombie kill of the week. Overall, I'm liking it so far. Let's see what happens.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See that's what I don't like about it. Everytime they stop, the show stagnates. Remember the farm in Season 2? Now the prison has become their prison.

I like it more when they are nomadic. Moving around, where things are more unpredictable. I personally would like to see a major locale change, and see them get the hell out of Georgia. Obviously based on Michonne & Daryl's conversations, there are no more supplies in the area. It's time to move.

I'm not familiar with the comics, but i'm stunned nobody has thought up the idea of going further north. I'd of had my ass in Canada at this point, depending on supplies. Wait for the winter for those sons of bitches to freeze.

Me_Wise_Magic

I see your point. Don't wanna spoil the comics; but they definitely go in some sort of direction after the prison. Won't say where and it seems they are probably going a similar way in the show later on this season. Hard to say.

Hidden Text:

The Governor is back

Hidden Text:

This is definitely the best episode of the season and it had a ton of action. Deminded me of the attack on the prison scenes in early S3.

Hidden Text:

Fucking Hershel man!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This shit is redic. Not impressed.

AtariLegend wrote:

So you can't say that was anti-climatic. That was the real season 3 finale.

johndivney wrote:

that was fucking brilliant.

kirk acevedo is still the man tho. wish he'd killed daryl. Oz 4 life.

this season has been another p wasted one.
but this & episode 2 were truly great, up there w/the best.
just a shame it took so long to get to this point, really feel like they could've done this in season 3 w/o all the unnecessary padding - especially if you're just going to kill off the guvnor.
the format of this show w/it's mid-season breaks kinda works against it. it's like a season is the 2nd half of one season & the first half of the next rather than one arc thruout. like wtf just do the fucking show & stop padding w/BS. let the heads roll like last night.

speaking of heads rolling, hershel got a great send off.
wish they hadn't put a bullet in the guvnor he'd had been a badass zombie - hopefully that stupid bitch missed his brain.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It felt rushed, The gov should have been kept alive. No more prison.

And for fucks sake, no one could watch the baby? Someone better have saved her because that shit's ridiculous.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

It felt rushed

that is the last thing i would've expected to hear someone say about this.
this fight over the prison seriously could've happened at any stage during the 2nd half of season 3, never mind the season 3 finale.
the main complaints regarding last season related to how slow the plot progression was & how they were dragging it out.
even the two most recent episodes were devoted entirely to the guvnor's boring as shit backstory & (further) motivation for attacking the prison.

far from being rushed the thing was completely overdue.

& who gives a flying fuck about a baby? why should anyone bar rick & his son give a shit? the blonde daughter that looked after the baby probably has her somewhere's, didn't she go missing too? but even if she does have it, she shouldn't. she was more preoccupied w/her da getting beheaded, and justifiably so, than having to worry about some dead woman's baby.

how's it ridiculous? theyre being attacked by a fucking tank lol! if it was me i would be running from the tank (or trying to blow it up if i was feeling badass). if i saw a random baby i'd maybe stop & rape it but i wouldn't try to save it. who needs the burden of another mouth when you're trying to survive a zombie apocalypse?! eat the fucking baby that's what i'd have done!

Board footer