You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: The Walking Dead

Smoking Guns wrote:

What do you mean they are leaving the south.  They are going to Atlanta, maybe 40-60 miles north of where they are.  Where the show began... Isn't that where the sign led them?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Well there are two different kinds of sanctuaries. There is one in the south that will be temporary; but the show is leading to the big safe zone in Alexandria, VA. Which in the comics means most of the characters will meet up in a community area in the middle of Alexandria and Washington, DC. Which I hope it leads to it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The pace needs to pick up and they need to get back together sooner rather than later.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The pace needs to pick up and they need to get back together sooner rather than later.

With the way the episodes are structuring each of the groups story lines. It seems like it's going to be quite soon. Well for a couple I think.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

After this season, I think i'm done with this show.

It's too bloated, it was NEVER as good as everyone said it was (and I watched it from the pilot, on day one), it has NEVER been as good as it was in that first 6 episode Season 1.

Like Justified, this show has only ever been 'good'. Not great, good. Ironically in some twist, Dallas has actually gotten better after really average writing in the first two seasons back, if anyone can believe that. The J.R.-less episodes have been better than the ones with him. TV is real weird right now. The best show on TV is True Detective which won't have it's stars back, Dallas is better without J.R., and Walking Dead is watched more than any other show on TV in the 18-49 and has more backing now than it ever has, and if it didn't have it's pedigree it's honestly one of the sloppiest written, "does less with the most" show on TV (I thought that was Justified for awhile)

When does Sons of Anarchy start back up again? Jesus...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow, what a snooze fest this show has become....  A wasted episode, I liked Nicco, but Lizzy, that little bat shit crazy bitch.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I thought it was lame how they did it.  I saw on FB yesterday morning, so I guess I did know it was coming, but it just seemed like they wrote her off the show?!  Not sure why, for a child actor I think she did a pretty respectable job at it, until this episode where they gave her scenes & lines no child actor could play.  It was absurd.  Secondly, unless I'm mistaken I don't recall these girl ever becoming that major characters on the show, and while they gave them an episode last night I really wasn't buying it.  Kinda drastic to shoot a girl, so I'll give the show that, just wish they used the girls a bit more so we'd become emotionally attached to them. Myb do it on the season finale. Ultimately I think kids are hard to work into shows like this (outside sets, various locations & lighting setups), and labor laws are difficult to work with. Plus they age faster than the script, so in 2 years this chick would be 15/16 whereas only 4 months or so go by in the storyline.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I actually liked this episode 16

The girls were set up to die all along.

But they still have too many characters and too many plot lines. Everyone but Rick, Carol, Tyrese, the baby, Daryl, Beth and Michone should have died in that prison fight with the Governor. That would have been compelling.

I do not care about Carl, short round, or his pretend wife.

They should have gotten to the damn cannibals by friggin last season if we're going by the comics. They're just milking these characters to no end.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Lizze should have got in the prison. Was surprised she killed her sister. Thought it would be Judith. Good acting by the little crazy girl. I knew a few older versions of her 16  But snooze fest till the end. Could have spent half the time on another group.  2 more left and no one found each other or made to the safe place.  Kinda funny one group should have at least crossed paths with another. They all fled into the same area.

AtariLegend wrote:

Another character development episode. I knew something would happen, cause it's the general layout of all US shows that carry a continuous story. "Something dramatic" happening in either the penultimate episode or just before, like Merle getting Zombie-fied last year and Dale the year before.

There is something I don't get about US shows though? "That whole next time on AMC's the Walking Dead" really ruins the tension at the end of an episode. Can't help it, but to watch. Some shows just shouldn't be spoiled, I don't want to watch the next week and know "that the little girl crawling away from the Zombie" is not going to get killed by an actual zombie.

Board footer